Problem with the programmer: programmer not responding

I have tried to upload the "Blink" program twenty times, and it never worked once. It had worked before, but for some reason, it kept giving me this error message:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb1

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Wrong board selected, wrong port selected, something connected to pins 0, 1, or reset, loose connection between serial adapter and board (if applicable), or hardware problem. Basically anything not related to drivers or the USB functionality of the serial adapter - it is a very non-specific error, as the computer has no way to get more information - all it knows is that it expected the bootloader to respond with one thing, and instead it saw 0xb1.

DrAzzy:
Wrong board selected, wrong port selected, something connected to pins 0, 1, or reset, loose connection between serial adapter and board (if applicable), or hardware problem. Basically anything not related to drivers or the USB functionality of the serial adapter - it is a very non-specific error, as the computer has no way to get more information - all it knows is that it expected the bootloader to respond with one thing, and instead it saw 0xb1.

It doesn’t seem to be any of those issues. I just know that it won’t let me upload anything to the board and that the built-in-LED will not blink.

When you press the reset button on the board, do you get any blink pattern out?

What board is this anyway?