Problem with the Rocket Screem Reflow oven Program.

Hi Guys,
I have tried to get this sketch to compile a least 15 times to no avail. I’ve got it down to 2 errors, but these just point to lines that are correct in syntax. I’m at a loss to what is wrong. I’ve attached a zip file with the .ino ,.cpp and .h files. and a screen save. Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Gary

Reflow_Oven_Controller0000.zip (12.9 KB)

One problem with the sources is that the file MAX31855.h doesn’t have “#endif” at the end.

After fixing that and moving the two libraries into libraries (I already had the PD_v1 library) I got this error:

Reflow_Oven_Controller.cpp.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/Applications/Reflow_Oven_Controller.ino:251: undefined reference to `MAX31855::MAX31855(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'
Reflow_Oven_Controller.cpp.o: In function `loop':
/Applications/Reflow_Oven_Controller.ino:319: undefined reference to `MAX31855::readThermocouple(unit_t)'

Sorry,
I corrected that problem after I unzipped the original. Try this one

Gary

Reflow_Oven_Controllerfnl2.zip (13.5 KB)

I don't feel so bad now 39 people have looked at this post and they don't have a clue either. I'll try to get help elsewhere.

73 de Gary,KF9CM

Lim over at RocketScream sent me in the right direction.
It seems that the problem is in the sketch and library. The library file groups (.h & .cpp) have to be in separate folders labeled MAX31855 and PID_v1. Then be put in the IDEs main library folder.
The INCLUDES in the sketch need the < > characters on the *.h files, NOT the " " characters.

// DO THIS!

// ***** INCLUDES *****
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
#ifdef USE_MAX31855
#include <MAX31855.h>
#else
#include <max6675.h>
#endif
#include <PID_v1.h>

// NOT THIS!

// ***** INCLUDES *****
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>