Problem with uploading any code

Hi, sorry in advance as I'm still a newbie with Arduino.

I was controlling a servo using my arduino uno board (it's a prototype board with each digital pin having all three ports, V, G, and S) when all of a sudden the servo started acting weird so I unplugged right away. The wiring was correct, I'm sure I didn't short out anything as the wires were connected correctly. I was powering the servo directly from the usb 5v port.

Ever since then, the uno board no longer works. I can't upload any new codes, nor does the reset button on the uno board works.

Here's the error message:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Archiving built core (caching) in: /var/folders/sp/rv7xmw3n14394dqtcwh78sh40000gp/T/arduino_cache_644051/core/core_arduino_avr_uno_51f02b7210b938436b779d1c032618e1.a Sketch uses 928 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes. Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes. Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions. /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -C/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/cu.usbmodem141241 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/sp/rv7xmw3n14394dqtcwh78sh40000gp/T/arduino_build_355021/sketch_may07a.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:01:35 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/ Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf" User configuration file is "/Users/peterhan/.avrduderc" User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port : /dev/cu.usbmodem141241 Using Programmer : arduino Overriding Baud Rate : 115200

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have an UsbTinyISP bootloader ready to go but it doesn't seem to be the problem. Is this board done for good?

peterultraman: I was powering the servo directly from the usb 5v port.

The USB 5V port?

What USB 5V port?

I meant that I wasn't using any external power source, I only used the usb cable to power the servo.

ieee488: The USB 5V port?

What USB 5V port?

peterultraman: I meant that I wasn't using any external power source, I only used the usb cable to power the servo.

Bad idea which probably bricked your Arduino.