Problem with Using a Voice Recognition Module

Hi,

We have encountered a problem in trying to use our Elechouse Voice Recognition Module V3 (link: http://tinyurl.com/prnf9xu). We have carefully followed the steps mentioned in its manual, but after the part wherein we are instructed to send a command via serial monitor, an error message is returned.

|500x321

As stated in the manual:

|500x52

Then, after sending the "settings" command, we get this result:

|500x77

The connections between the voice recognition module and the Gizduino (Arduino clone) goes like this:

|500x157

Other steps done:

*Soldered the pins that come with the module, for "better connection" *Interchanged the RX TX connections

... yet we still get the same result; then we tried a different approach - we connected the RX TX pins of the module to the 0 and 1 pins of the Gizduino (which are labeled with RX and TX). We connected the module's TX to the 0 pin and the module's RX to the 1 pin then edited the part of code to be uploaded that seems to define the RX TX pins to be used

Note: we edited the part VR myVR(2,3) to VR myVR(0,1) since we changed the pins where we are connecting the module to

we uploaded the code but without having connections on the RX TX pins of the Gizduino, then after upload is done, we sent the same "settings" command via serial monitor and instead of the receiving the usual error message, the serial monitor freezes.

By the way, whenever we connect the voice recognition module to the Gizduino, a LED that seems to be indicating power goes on, so I guess our module is still functional.

Since the day we have received the module from the seller, we haven't been able to make it work. We would like to ask for your assistance since we are clueless on where the problem lies. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Links:

Elechouse Voice Recognition Module Product Page (http://tinyurl.com/prnf9xu) Elechouse Voice Recognition Module V3 Manual (www.elechouse.com/elechouse/images/product/VR3/VR3_manual.pdf) Elechouse Voice Recognition Module V2 Manual (http://www.elechouse.com/elechouse/images/product/Voice%20Recognition%20Module/Manual.pdf) Library for Voice Recognition Module containing sample code (https://github.com/elechouse/VoiceRecognitionV3) Gizduino Product Page (http://www.e-gizmo.com/KIT/gizDuino%20X.html)

Other notes:

*Before arriving into that part wherein a wall of text is flashed on the serial monitor (as indicated on the first image), we have uploaded beforehand a sample "train" code that came from the library mentioned above.

i got the same problem when using arduino mega 2560, did you find a solution?

Guys! I'm having the same problem of you. I have been read many cases exactly as our, but all of them without solution. What have you been up to about that? How are your search going? Let's share knowledge, maybe we can help us.

nadonboard: Guys! I'm having the same problem of you. I have been read many cases exactly as our, but all of them without solution. What have you been up to about that? How are your search going? Let's share knowledge, maybe we can help us.

What Voice Recognition module are you using? Please provide a link.

If it's a board I've used, I'll try to help.

hey buddy! I'm using a voice recognition module V3 with an Arduino Mega 2560 board. In the module's manual is recommended using Arduino UNO, but I understand who "recommended" is not "obligatory". I watched some videos in the Youtube about demonstrations using the module with Arduino Mega 2560, however in all of them the showed module had the version V2. After many tries using Arduino Mega 2560, I tried with an UNO but I found the same results.

nadonboard: I'm using a voice recognition module V3

V3 is likely the version number of the module you're using. I still don't which module you're using.

DuaneDegn: Please provide a link.

Could you also post the code you used when trying it.

nadonboard: but I found the same results.

What were here results?

I agree, the module should be able to work with a Mega but I don't know what module you're using.

Hello!

The module is this (Speak Recognition, Voice Recognition Module V3 [AD_VR3] - $28.00 : Elechouse, Arduino Play House)
I had the same difficulties of the author of this topic. I found exactly the same results.

Hi guys! Finally I found a solution for our problem. I follow the tips contained in other topic and all worked perfectly. Good luck, friends.

Hi everybody, i don't speak english very well... I am so sorry.

I have the solution for this problem. This problem occurs beacuse your laptop's serial port (where you connect the USB) doesn't work very well. If you try with other laptop, you can see that your problem will have solver.

Hello everyone!

Again same "Check system settings error or timeout" problem when typing Settings on the Serial Monitor. Has anybody sorted out any solutions? Please if you know something about this let me know! I have to make it work as soon as i can!

THANK YOU

Hey Guys,

at first, sorry for my english. It's terrible i know. :(

at second, maybe i've found a sollution for all Arduino Mega2560 users.

Now i work for 1 week to keep this f....g module running and in the end another module brings me the solution.

for the TX and RX pin you have to use two of the PWM pin's from the Arduino 2560. pin 10/11 or 12/13 for example. that's it, if your code is right ;)

That's the way to run the Fingerprint Sensor GT-511C1R too.

i don't know why but in my case it solved the problem and saves my weekend.

hope it helps.

greetz to all!!

Hello!

my module is this (http://www.elechouse.com/elechouse/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=168_170&products_id=2254) v.3.1 I had the same difficulties, another solution for arduino mega 2560?

I am not being able to connect voice recognition module with my Arduino Mega. But, it is working with arduino uno in a proper way. Can anyone please help me in this matter? I also needs help for the code as well.

Tengo el mismo problema con un arduino mega 2560 probé todo y aun no funciona, Ayuda por favor :c

Acabo de probar cambiando a los pines 10 y 11 tx y rx. Funcionó correctamente, hice lo mismo con el lector de huellas y también funcionó :D Gracias bode1979.

No se si alguien encontro solucion a ese problema, estuve buscando varias paginas y canales de youtube y nada solo muestran para arduino UNO

si alguien tiene una solucion que me pueda ayudar.

I changed to pin 10 and 11 on my Arduino Mega and finally it works!! But I didn't understand why we need to use pin 10 and 11 to do serial communication, instead of using tx and rx pin... anyone can explain to me?

Hello, friends

There is no problem with your voice recognition module, you just do one thing change the hardware pin instead of ( 0,1) to (2,3) . It will work properly because voice recognition module library they are using software serial & you chose hardware serial.

Hi guys,

There is no problem voice recognition module, You just do one thing, change the serial communication hardware pin to (2,3) instead of (0,1) because in a background voice recognition module using software serial library.

Hi guys,

There is no problem voice recognition module, You just do one thing, change the serial communication hardware pin to (2,3) instead of (0,1) because in a background voice recognition module using software serial library.