Problem with wifi esp8266 shield

Hi guys I am new on esp8266. I am trying to realize a simple meto station with Arduino and this shield: http://www.banggood.com/ESP8266-Web-Server-Port-WiFi-Expansion-Board-ESP-13-Compatible-With-Arduino-p-1008124.html?rmmds=myorderIf I installed into Arduino IDE the support for esp8266. If I try to load on the board with Arduino IDE an example sketch, for example the blink:

/*
 ESP8266 Blink by Simon Peter
 Blink the blue LED on the ESP-01 module
 This example code is in the public domain

The blue LED on the ESP-01 module is connected to GPIO1
 (which is also the TXD pin; so we cannot use Serial.print() at the same time)

Note that this sketch uses LED_BUILTIN to find the pin with the internal LED
*/

void setup() {
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);     // Initialize the LED_BUILTIN pin as an output
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);   // Turn the LED on (Note that LOW is the voltage level
                                    // but actually the LED is on; this is because
                                    // it is acive low on the ESP-01)
  delay(1000);                      // Wait for a second
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);  // Turn the LED off by making the voltage HIGH
  delay(2000);                      // Wait for two seconds (to demonstrate the active low LED)
}

I have the errors: warning: espcomm_sync failed error: espcomm_open failed error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

reading some tutorial on posts it seems is a firmware problem. So I try to flash a new firmware following this tutorial: https://learn.adafruit.com/micropython-basics-how-to-load-micropython-on-a-board/serial-terminal?view=all but I receive the error:

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP8266

Can someone help me to solve this problem? Thanks. Giuseppe

The board you bought has a pre-programmed ESP8266 that communicates with your Arduino serially. Your board has a switch to choose between Arduino mode and ESP8266 mode but unfortunately I cannot find any documentation about what position means what mode.

Usually you don't need to re-program the ESP8266, just upload your Arduino sketch, you even don't need the ESP8266 support.

If you need support for programming the ESP8266 you should ask for it on a forum that is for that platform. This forum is for Arduino support.