Problem with WS2812 led 8x8 matrix

Hello, I’m new here :slight_smile:

I’m trying to do something with my Arduino, power supply and we WS2812 led matrices.

I have a problem how to run all leds on the matrix at once. Most time only one led was work. Just a few minutes ago tried to connect two matrices. After that one-two another leds stars work form opposite side - what is totally weird for me. Anyone know where is the problem? On two another matrices situation looks similar.

Thanks for all suggestions.

You have put a lot of words into your description, but virtually no detail.

Please check photo. Maybe it's will be more helpful.

Kil_M:
Please check photo. Maybe it's will be more helpful.

No, quite useless.

Post your code and a schematic of how you have wired it up.
I suspect you need a small function to translate X-Y coordinate numbers into LED numbers. But without your code I can only guess. And without your wiring I can not say what you have to do to achieve this.

Wire in Attachments.

For now, I just want to check everything works well/ how much power I need etc. So…Im starts using some tested in youtube libraries. Like it: How To Run a 8x8 NeoPixel RGB Matrix ( WS2812 ) By Arduino - YouTube or it: https://youtu.be/T-LYYBJsu4Y?t=2m30s

DemoReel100.ino (3.44 KB)

Wire in Attachments.

No series resistor in the data line, no large capacitor across the LED's supply. Absolutely NO idea about how the matrix is wired. There are 8 different ways to wire a strip into a matrix.

That code has nothing to do with a matrix.

You are going to have to up your game. Please read this:-
How to use this forum

First link form my previous post was from store where I bought matrices. I don't understand why in this case required are some additional things.

Grumpy_Mike:
here are 8 different ways to wire a strip into a matrix.

Strips? I don't use any strips.

Strips? I don't use any strips.

And you wonder why we ask for details?

Kil_M:
First link form my previous post was from store where I bought matrices.

No it was a You Tube video. There was no indication of it being a link to your matrix. You have to look hard to get to the suppler. Cheap no data sheet far east suppler

Also you did not mention you were following an Instructables page. These by and large are crap and written by people who do not know what they are doing and attract people with even less of an idea of what they are doing.

Quite honestly I don't think you are up to making this project with your current state of knowledge, you will not or can not answer any questions that would give us a clue as to the nature of the Matrix and short of buying one of these we have no way of knowing what sort way this matrix is wired.

To find out you need to light up one LED at a time, starting from zero and note the X-Y coordinates of what LED lights up. Knowing this you then have to correct the crap indestructible code which you refuse to post.

In another post the member TheKikGen says

TheKikGen:
I’m sure i’m not the only member to think that instructable is a nice initiative.

So I would suggest asking him to take a look at your problem as I do think he is the only member that thinks this.

Kil_M:
Hello, I'm new here :slight_smile:

I'm trying to do something with my Arduino, power supply and we WS2812 led matrices.

I have a problem how to run all leds on the matrix at once. Most time only one led was work. Just a few minutes ago tried to connect two matrices. After that one-two another leds stars work form opposite side - what is totally weird for me. Anyone know where is the problem? On two another matrices situation looks similar.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Just below step #7 is a zip file.
Download it.
It has the 3 different sketches.

Upload the FirstLight.ino sketch.