I have made a Matrix of 6*80 WS2811 Leds (wired in zigzag), controlled by a mega 2560 with ethernet shield.
The Mega has different animations stored in Progmem which can be played by having a certain artnet channel at a certain value.
Everything worked flawlessly earlier today.
Now I plugged in the Power-supply and suddenly the animations started to lag (stutter).
(~3 seconds in between some frames, while the program specifies 100ms)
Figured this out so far:
- The animations only lag when receiving artnet (the mega keeps the current state when loosing artnet and in this case there is no lag)
- I checked that it is not the Led Bus that's causing the issue... (using serial monitor)
- It can't be the sent ArtNet signal.
- Code should be fine, because it worked prior and I din't change anything.
- program only uses 19% dynamic memory
I use 12v on VIN.
Please ask for any further information you need!
Thanks in advance!