Problems compiling firmware?

Hi!

I have tried on a few platforms to compile the usbserial firmware, I get the following error, in windows and Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.xx

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks!!

-------- begin -------- avr-gcc (GCC) 4.5.3 Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

make: *** No rule to make target Arduino-usbserial.elf', needed byelf'. Stop.

Hi, i have the same problem and not resolve... You?

Thanks S

airwalk_sjenkins:
Hi!

I have tried on a few platforms to compile the usbserial firmware, I get the following error, in windows and Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.xx

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks!!

-------- begin --------
avr-gcc (GCC) 4.5.3
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

make: *** No rule to make target Arduino-usbserial.elf', needed by elf’. Stop.

I got the same problem when I tried to compile the usbserial firmware, this problem is related to LFUA version, when I tried to compile using “LUFA-111009” I got this error message, and when I use the “LUFA 100807”, every thing works without any problem! I assume you have the same problem because you use LUFA version greater than 100807, no matter how you change your environment, windows or Linux, as long as the LUFA is the same, you can not get rid of it…

One more thing record down here:
I extract the usbserial from “arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\firmwares”, if nothing changed, after compiling the firmware, the target should be “Arduino-usbserial” for uno, but there are a little bit differences between the generated firmware and the originally provided “Arduino-usbserial-uno.hex”.
Make some changes to the file “Descriptors.c” as shown in the picture(Capture1.PNG) below: Change to “.VendorID = 0x2341,” and “.ProductID = 0x0001,”.
The the generated file will be exactly the same as “Arduino-usbserial-uno.hex”. avr-gcc<WinAVR 20100110> 4.3.3 is used.
See"Capture2.PNG"