Problems Uploading - Contains My Verbose

Binary sketch size: 1010 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum) C:\Users\Aaron\Downloads\arduino-0021\arduino-0021\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\Aaron\Downloads\arduino-0021\arduino-0021\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P\.\COM9 -b19200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Temp\build7714888388997126453.tmp\sketch_oct26a.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.4-arduino, compiled on Oct 11 2007 at 19:12:32 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\Aaron\Downloads\arduino-0021\arduino-0021\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : \.\COM9 Using Programmer : stk500v1 Overriding Baud Rate : 19200 avrdude: ser_open(): setting dtr avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Recv: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: Send: Q [51] [20] avrdude: Recv: avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

avrdude done. Thank you.

I have tried just about everthing posted on other boards and can't figure out the problem.

I have the Arduino Decimilanova board and i just purchased new ATMega328 chips and switched out the chips. None of my chips work, old or new.

I am just trying to upload the Blink program.

Just to clarify: Have tried Baud 9600, 19200. Nothing but the usb cable is plugged in (nothing in the pin ports). The LED on pin 13 blinks when i hit reset.

Have tried Baud 9600, 19200

How? Did you modify boards.txt?

Yea, I changed the board.txt file to change the baud rate.

Anyone have any clue what to do next?

Restore the original boards.txt.

Did the new processors come with a bootloader already installed?

Have you performed a loop-back test? What was thre result?

I’ll try going back to the original boards.txt

How do you perform a loopback test?

The new chips were from sparkfun.com. They were the ones with the bootloader preinstalled.

Good news and bad news:

The good news is:

After reinstalling the arduino (21) software, I can now get my original chip to work just fine.

The bad news:

My new chips still won't work.

What is weird is that normally, when you hit the reset button, the light on pin 13 blinks. With the new chips, they don't.

Anyone know why this is?

Which bootloader is installed? The Lady Ada one or the standard one? Or Optiboot?

The standard one that comes with these chips. I'm honestly not sure what it is. Like I said, I got these chips from sparkfun.com and plugged them right in without any modification.

Hey everyone, the problem has been solved! It turns out that there was no bootloader installed on the new Sparkfun chips I received. (Even though I ordered the ones that were supposed to have it preinstalled)...

You can visit my other forum where I have more info on how I solved the problem:

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1289360368/7#7

Good luck everyone