Problems uploading sketches to standalone atmega328P

Hello all,

I have two arduino uno boards, one with the original atmega328 chip and one without a chip. I followed the directions here:

to burn the bootloader to a standalone chip but I couldn’t burn the bootloader on my Mac, however, it did work on my PC. Who knows why this is, if you have any insight I’d appreciate the help.

My real predicament follows:

I couldn’t get a sketch to upload by following the steps listed in the previous link. So, I followed the directions here:

to upload a sketch to a standalone atmega328P by holding down “shift” and not changing wiring and settings after burning the bootloader. This worked. I then install the standalone chip in my arduino uno board that does not have a chip and it runs the sketch that was uploaded previously. When I try and upload a new sketch I get this output:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

The attachment shows the settings I have when uploading the new sketch and the upload error output.

Thanks for any help.

dcgonzal:
So, I followed the directions here:

How to Burn Bootloader on ATmega328 using Arduino UNO?

to upload a sketch to a standalone atmega328P by holding down "shift" and not changing wiring and settings after burning the bootloader. This worked.

That does an "Upload Using Programmer". When you do that, you erase the bootloader. So if you want to go back to being able to do a regular Upload again, you first need to do a Tools > Burn Bootloader again.

Thanks! And sorry for posting in the wrong section. I'm new here.

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance.

I have now moved your post to the correct forum section.

Enjoy!
Per