Problems using Arduino UNO R3 as ArduinoISP

I’ve programmed many Atmega328p chips in the past with no issues, but after a few months off programming I’m back trying to do what I was doing before. But now its not working.

I used to use an Arduino Due as my platform, but a few solder joints got broken and I’ve lost it. So now I’m using my Arduino UNO R3 as the programming platform.

I’m trying to program an Atmega328p chip with code I’ve written in AVR Studio, currently this is my setup
(the attached image), identical to what I’ve done in the past. I’ve uploaded the standard ArduinoISP sketch to my arduino that came with my arduino distribution.

Here is my batch file

"C:\Users\Development\Desktop\Apps\AVR ISP\avrdude.exe" -b 19200 -p m328p -c avrisp -C "C:\Users\Development\Desktop\Apps\AVR ISP\avrdude.conf" -P com6 -U flash:w:"C:\Users\Development\Desktop\Speedometer\default\DSMAP.hex":a

And here is the result

avrdude.exe: stk500_program_enable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x50
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Any help to get this issued resolved would be most appreciated. As a note, I’ve tried many other peoples suggestions in other forum posts/websites with other people who’ve had this same issue and to no luck (the 10uF cap/10k resistor to Vcc). I’ve triple checked the connections, and still nothing.

See HERE.

Alright, I've wired it up exactly as shown and now instead of getting no response I'm recieving

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.06s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x000000 avrdude.exe: Yikes! Invalid device signature. Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

You gotta be kidding me.

So after all that hassle, all I did was take some sandpaper to the chips leads to scrape off any possible oxidization and walah, fixed.

Pencil eraser is a better choice.

Thank you for the follow up.