Problems using Keys IR Receiver

After having a rx setup to read and translate tv/amp codes working perfectly from day1, (quite a while ago)--Brand of receiver Duinotech, from Jaycar in Australia. I borrowed my actual receiver component, to fix a Yamaha amplifier. Great, fixed that. Then I ordered 5 supposedly 1838 Receivers for Arduino from China. Labelled Keys, but the metal cover has SEK on it, instead of 1838, AND 2 out of 5 don't work! Probably all actually. I decided to return to Jaycar and buy the original Duinotech one for $3.50.
Plug it in, WORKED STRAIGHT AWAY, THE WAY THE OLD ONE DID!
I did not use any resistor or capacitor, and have never had a problem with the Duinotech part. :slight_smile:
10 minutes later, i worked out the difference, the new part had a resistor and capacitor in the signal circuit. I decided, since i had 5 and they were a bit cheaper, .... to cut the tracks, and remove the extra components. Done...Tested...Works Perfectly Now!!:slight_smile: Woohoo
Internal pullup was not activated. The device did not need any.