Problems with 433MHz RF module - MX-RM-5V

Hello everyone,

I just received this receiver-transmitter module (link) and I am trying to understand how it works.

Currently I am not using arduino. I power both modules via 5V power source.
I attached the 'DATA' signal of tx to pushbutton which is normally LOW (with pulldown resistor).
I connected LED (with 220ohm) to the output of the rx.

And I soldered two antennas to both modules (as demonstrated in this tutorial).
Now, what I expect to see is when I press the button then the led goes HIGH then when I release the led goes LOW.
But infect the led really starts LOW on power-up, then after first press the led goes HIGH and LOW (as expected) BUT THEN suddenly the led goes HIGH and stays HIGH.

Then, when I press again on the button, the led goes low for a moment and then returns to HIGH.
It goes like this for another presses then in some try it goes LOW again and return to normal LOW and keep going like this in an unpredictable way.

Note that when the led is HIGH it stays there even if I disconnect the tx module from the circuit, so I suspect that the rx module I just got is broken.

Sorry for the mess, I hope I made it clear.

Here is a video of my circuit where you can clearly see the problem (link).

The TX and RX modules are not intended to be used alone. They need some other circuits to generate and interpret actual data.

If you want modules that can be used alone, the Adafruit pushbutton remotes and matching receivers would be a good choice.

jremington:
The TX and RX modules are not intended to be used alone. They need some other circuits to generate and interpret actual data.

If you want modules that can be used alone, the Adafruit pushbutton remotes and matching receivers would be a good choice.

Oh what a bummer
I've waited for it for over a month

Can you please give me a cheaper alternative?
Is there any circuit that modulates the signal by amplitude, so that the communication will work as I wanted (image)?
What about connecting the rx to MCU (like arduino nano)? Is this an 'expansive' solution? (in the matter of hardware and high current consumption)

Thanks!

Is there any circuit that modulates the signal by amplitude

Yes, an Arduino, or the PT2262 chip that is in the Adafruit remote.

Arduinos cost about $2, so consider skipping your next cup of cappuccino and buy two.

jremington:
Yes, an Arduino, or the PT2262 chip that is in the Adafruit remote.

Arduinos cost about $2, so consider skipping your next cup of cappuccino and buy two.

Thank you

I want to know how is it possible that in this tutorial (link) with the same component as I have it behaves like I wanted it to be.
I almost built the same circuit (except for the missing pulldown resistor he had, and I used the same 5V)

Did you miss the part beginning "As you might have noticed, the LED does go ON a little bit because of noise..."?

jremington:
Did you miss the part beginning "As you might have noticed, the LED does go ON a little bit because of noise..."?

I did. And I saw the 'noises'.
But that occurred because (as people in comments said) he was missing a pulldown resistor to the button.
And yet it looked like the LED goes HIGH almost perfectly when the button is pressed, and not acting weird as mine does.

But that occurred because (as people in comments said) he was missing a pulldown resistor to the button.

No, not true.

The receiver constantly adjusts its sensitivity to the current signal level, which is why a pulse stream is required to transmit data with any reliability. The pulse stream is generated by a microprocessor or a special purpose chip.