Problems with Arduino IDE?

Started using the Arduino ecosystem about 6 months ago in university, I keep seeing people knock the Arduino IDE on various forums online. I was wondering what are peoples issues with the Arduino IDE as I'm yet to come across them. Any alternatives people can suggest?

Without knowing the negative comments that people have made it is hard to respond.

The Arduino IDE is aimed at newcomers to programming and to microprocessors. If your objective is to successfully create and upload a program to an Arduino board then the IDE scores 100%.

If people are familiar with one or other of the more elaborate IDE's used for PC programming then they might be conscious that some of the advanced features have not been included in the Arduino IDE.

Personally I use the Geany editor for all my programming so I don't have to keep switching my old brain between different systems.

...R

For Arduino stuff, I only use the Arduino IDE.

jinelcrimp8: Started using the Arduino ecosystem about 6 months ago in university, I keep seeing people knock the Arduino IDE on various forums online. I was wondering what are peoples issues with the Arduino IDE as I'm yet to come across them. Any alternatives people can suggest?

I really don't think there are any problems in the Arduino IDE. If it is required there is a second IDE which is the ' Arduino Pro IDE' for the PRO family and can be used normally. This IDE is still in development but the Alpha version can be downloaded. But the normal IDE is still good.

https://github.com/arduino/arduino-pro-ide/releases

You can also use the online Arduino create.