Problems with Arduino running on Ubuntu 8.04

Hello all! I am a newbe to Linux (ubuntu 8.04) and I am having trouble getting my Arduino software to work. I got the program to come up, but it keeps giving me the alarm "error building library 'wire'" in the brown border area between the sketch and the notification window, and there are a ton of red error messages in the notification window. I tried to verify an example sketch, and it kicks up more errors in the notification windows. Can anyone help me?

On Linux you need to have a JDK and JRE installed, as well as an AVR development environment.

We have some info on getting the Arduino tools to work on Linux here.

All three are installed. I followed the instructions on the Arduino website too. Still have issues.

Can you post the first few "red error messages"?

Here is what I was getting -

utility/twi.c:20:18: error: math.h: No such file or directory utility/twi.c:21:20: error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory utility/twi.c:22:22: error: inttypes.h: No such file or directory utility/twi.c:23:20: error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

I saw the avr errors, so I went into the package manager and found a couple of avr files that were unchecked. I checked them all, and these errors went away. I was getting "missing new line" errors, but I accidentally closed it out, and when I restarted the program, they didn't re-appear.

I didn't try to plug the Arduino into the computer yet, but as of right now the program itself seems to be running fine.