Problems with avr-g++

My name is Ricardo, i'm from Brazil... So, i tried to install the arduino in my Slackware 12 with the tutorial (http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Linux/Slackware), but when i tried to start the arduino-0010, it returned this error:

ricardo@buba:~/local/arduino-0010$ ./arduino
Experimental:  JNI_OnLoad called.
Stable Library
=========================================
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version   = RXTX-2.1-7

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "avr-g++": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

Any suggestions?

thxs

Hmm, I think on this line:

../configure –prefix=$PREFIX –target=avr –enable-languages=c –disable-nls –disable-libssp –with-dwarf2

You want to say: –enable-languages=c,c++

instead. I'll change the documentation, but please let us know if that fixes the problem.

mellis, thanks! the avr-g++ problems resolved with –enable-languages=c,c++

but... when i uploaded to i/o board, it returned this error:

processing.app.SerialException: Serial port '/dev/ttyUSB0' not found.  Did you select the right one from the Tools > Serial Port menu?

thks

Huh, which version of the Linux kernel are you running? Does anything appear in /dev when you connect the Arduino board? Do you see anything in /var/log/messages?

ricardo@buba:~$ uname -r
2.6.21.5-smp

tail -f /var/log/messages

Nov 19 15:27:38 buba kernel: usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
Nov 19 15:27:38 buba kernel: usb 2-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Nov 19 15:27:38 buba kernel: ftdi_sio 2-2:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
Nov 19 15:27:38 buba kernel: drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c: Detected FT232RL
Nov 19 15:27:38 buba kernel: usb 2-2: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

ls -n /dev

lrwxrwxrwx 1 0  0        8 2007-11-19 15:27 ttyUSB0 -> tts/USB0

You could try setting serial.port in your Arduino preferences file to be /dev/tty/tts/USB0. The software might be having trouble following a relative symlink.

mellis,

# chmod 666 /dev/ttyUSB0

thks...