problems with charset_7seg.h

hello, i have a problem using the charset_7seg.h found on forgeryleague. i use cheap 74hc595, ulm2003 and giant diy 7 segment display. i work under OS X.4

but when i try to compile i get this: /Volumes/USER/simonjuif/Documents/Arduino/libraries/charset_7seg/charset_7seg.h:29: error: 'byte' does not name a type

anyone has an idea?

p.s. till i got arduino017 things are strange, declare an array with 4 values (byte,int,long,whatever..) i only get 3 values (1,2&3 but no 0) :-[

p.s. till i got arduino017 things are strange, declare an array with 4 values (byte,int,long,whatever..) i only get 3 values (1,2&3 but no 0)

How are you setting and getting the array values? The C language starts counting from 0.

i know that C or machines in general starts counting normaly from 0.

when i do this compiling dont shows any error. 9 bytes, 8 bytes initialized. byte segment[8]={0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0};

BUT: if i initialize all 9 bytes. byte segment[8]={0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}; i get an error: error: too many initializers for 'byte [8]' In function 'void calculate()': In function 'void updateDisplay()':

when i reed segment[0] i got rubbish.

well i don't know... i can deal with it but it's really nasty changing my habit.

still got problems with the lib...

The statement "byte segment[8]" allocates an array of 8 values, not 9. The value in the [] is the size, not the upper limit.

when i reed segment[0] i got rubbish.

well i don't know... i can deal with it but it's really nasty changing my habit.

What kind of rubbish? Post some code, please.

You should be able to read from segment[0] whatever you have put on segment[0].

i will think before i code, i will think before i code…
thank you.

anyone has an idea whats the problem with the lib from http://www.forgeryleague.com/lab/entry/arduino_7_segment_output/?
i search the web but i dont find very much…
i still got this error:
/Volumes/USER/simonjuif/Documents/Arduino/libraries/charset_7seg/charset_7seg.h:29: error: ‘byte’ does not name a type