Problems with DIY FFB Steering Wheel

Hi, I'm making a DIY FFB Steering Wheel with Arduino Leonardo.
I'm not able to move the motor, it's a 12v DC motor 1A 30w and 3000 rpm, for the driver I'm using a BTS7960B H-bridge.
If i open Wheel configuration i can't see the last three squares: "Wheel State","Statistics", Drive Control".
If i Press "Calibrate" Button in the "Steering" section the motor starts turning a bit and the device status changes to "searching index", what does It mean? What do i have to do?, and after 10/20 seconds It change in "Calibration error". Can someone help me?
I did't insert the firmware in Arduino with XLoader but i used the "Check Now" button in the "update" section and the firmware automatically was installed. Is It maybe the firmware? Am i obliged to use XLoader?
Someone help me please :frowning:

You are assuming that somebody will know all those strange things you are referring to such as Wheel configuration and the last three squares and "Calibrate" Button in the "Steering" section and XLoader

None of those things means anything to me.

...R

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Thanks.. Tom.... :slight_smile:

Robin2

If you don't know what i'm asking for don't reply, i'm searching someone that have done this project and that know what i'm speaking about. I was thinking of finding someone that knows "all the strange things" that i referred to but maybe i'm in the bad place or in the bad forum section. It's the first time for me in a forum so i'm trying to understand.

If you want people to help with a project you’re doing it would be good idea to at least provide a link to where you got the information from so we know what you know.

OTOH if you don’t mind us ignoring your problem then just carry on as you are. I guess someone created the thing you’re trying to make. Perhaps you could contact them.

Steve

If you don't know what i'm asking for don't reply

This is not how the forum works. But it is a good way to chase off the majority of the people who would have provided the most help.

A better way to approach your need for assistance is to reply to the requests for better information with positive information. Links to sources of information on your subject. Further explanation where other forum members say they do not understand.

What are you using ffb wheel with? Windows video game?

I'm trying to do something similar, interface arcade controls and ffb motor to windows.pc.

I see a replacement is using a Arduino U3 with a megamoto shield h bridge.

I think he is referring to this project: Tutorial Steering Wheel with Arduino Leonardo | KASKUS

Hi enry 58,

I have the same problem as you. Have you found a solution?

Thx