Problems with IDE 0012 for amd64

Hello

I migrate my linux system from 32 to 64 bits, and I'm trying to IDE version 0012 for amd64 but when I program the board generates the following error:

avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
        Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
        this check.

The board work well in WinXP (as a virtual machine on ubuntu)

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks

Which version of avrdude are you using? One that came with Arduino or one that you installed from the Linux distribution's package manager? The Arduino bootloader only responds to one of two possible commands for reading the device signature, and standard versions of avrdude use the other. Arduino comes with a patched version of avrdude that uses the first method, so you'll need to use that one.

I probe version that comes with the Arduino by default, but it does not work. So install the avrdude of the my distribution with a symbolic link, but it did not work.

What error or problem did you have with the avrdude that came with the Arduino software? You might need to compile avrdude yourself from the Arduino version of the source code: http://www.arduino.cc/files/avrdude-5.4-arduino-0010-src.tgz. Or you can reburn the latest version of the bootloader, which should respond to device signature query method used by the standard version of avrdude.