Problems With IR libraries

Hi all , i’m using the IR library by Ken Shirriff. I have it working for the most part but have had a problem. It took me some time to figure out why my code wasn’t working but solved it of a sort by trile and error.
It’s when i perform an if statement to test for a key press on the IR it will only seem to work if there is a delay of at least 1000 directly after the body of the if statement. I based it on a simple example and that did not seem to need this.
I have taken all but the working of what i’m talking about in my example, you can see the delay statement in there. I would be very grateful if some one could tell me were i’m going wrong or tell me why it seems to need it. It also seems that if i drop the delay below 100 it doesn’t work either.
The whole thing would work better if it didn’t do this. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

#include <IRremote.h>

IRrecv irrecv(RECV_PIN);
decode_results results;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  irrecv.enableIRIn(); // Start the receiver

}

//////////////////Loop

void loop() {

Detect();

if(results.value==16755285)
            { 

//// run some code in hear

}

delay(1000); // Why does it seem to need this? is it somekind of debounce
                }

//////////////////Functions

void Detect(){
    irrecv.decode(&results);
    irrecv.resume();
}

I've used the library on a couple of projects and you should not need a 1 second delay. I think the problem is with your Detect() function. I think you would do it like this, with resume at the end: if(irrecv.decode(&results) ){ if(results.value==16755285) { //// run some code in hear } irrecv.resume(); } You can look at a project I did (and I use this every day) to turn on my lamp with my TV remote. http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1279084882

I'd like to try the IR library, but the blog page that appears to have the library link is the worst web page I've seen in a long time. IE sends my cpu useage to ~100% and hangs trying to down load amazon.com and google social networker junk (and probably more). Sometimes the free "blog" sites are almost worse than having no site at all.

Zoomkat: Here's the direct link to the zip file:

http://arcfn.com/files/IRremote.zip

Zoomkat: Here's the direct link to the zip file:

Now that works!

Ahh thanks a million for that, it now works how it should :)