Problems with MEGA2560 R2, does not work like MEGA2560 "first release"

Dear All,

A few days ago I bought my second MEGA2560 to replicate my current projects. This second MEGA2560 is really a MEGA2560 R2 ( there is no info about it here, or I can not find it) and this board does not work with the First MEGA2560 that I had.

It upload the SAME code to both Boards and on “first release” it works well, but on “R2” it does not work :-(. The last board was “slow” and does not work well. My code is a simple Stepper Motor controller and it fails on “R2”.

After google a little bit , I tried to upload the HEX of “old” 2560 to the new R2 but I’ve got the same problems than before.

Have you any experience of this “R2”? Do you know which HEX is the best for this board?

Thanks in advance fo your attention, Best Regards from Barcelona!

FxGc

fxgomezco: A few days ago I bought my second MEGA2560 to replicate my current projects. This second MEGA2560 is really a MEGA2560 R2 ( there is no info about it here, or I can not find it) and this board does not work with the First MEGA2560 that I had.

The same was done with the Uno. A R2 was released, but it was only layout changes. No documentation has been released.

fxgomezco: It upload the SAME code to both Boards and on "first release" it works well, but on "R2" it does not work :-(. The last board was "slow" and does not work well. My code is a simple Stepper Motor controller and it fails on "R2".

What does "it does not work" and "it fails" mean? Do you get an error message? Did the program do something you didn't expect?

Hi James,

Really the problem is that : There is no message of error! The code is made to move a stepper motors and at the end of the movement the code prints the number of steps. With the "old" Mega the code works perfect but with the "R2" the software prints too fast the number of steps but the motor does not make any moves. I thought that was a problem on wire but is the same wires/shield on both Boards :-?¿?

Also I tested to change the pinouts but the problem is the same.

I have read some messages about problems with AT90usb82 in new R2 Boards (MEGA and UNO), I guess/belive that there may be the solution.

Is the HEX file on Arduino_0022 folder the latest version for MEGA 2560? ( Is the same file than Arduino Repository)

Regards,

FxGc

Ps: Sorry for my english, I must improve it!