Problems With PG1B and Arduino IDE

Hello,

I am using a home-made PG1B circuit to get information on to my ATMega168P chip. I am able to successfully get hex onto the chip using Programmer's Notepad.

However, when attempting to upload correctly compiled code onto the chip using the same serial interface (PG1B) from inside the Arduino IDE, I am at a loss as to what to do.

I've tried a number of different settings from within the environment to get the code to the chip, but nothing has worked.

When I try to compile the same code in Programmer's Notepad, I get multiple errors. I suspect that the correct libraries are not being included with the compilation.

I guess my root question is: Can one even use a PG1B with the Arduino IDE?

Thanks, MB

For more information, here is the response I receive from the Arduino IDE after attempting to upload my program using the PG1B interface:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Problem solved: I didn't have the correct capacitor values installed across the 16 mhz crystal. I double-checked the fuse settings and new that those were correct, but after seeing that the caps I had originally installed were too high a capacitance, I switched to 27 pF and everything is working fine.