pinMode(10, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(10, HIGH);
  pinMode(11, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(11, HIGH);
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

When I plug the line into 10 there is no result, however when I plug it into 11 there is a response. Do these two pins behave different? Or is my Arduino broken? I just pulled it out of the box and am confused.

Thanks.

Infinition:
When I plug the line into 10 there is no result,

What line? - what does that mean?

What result are you expecting?

Your subject line talks of PWM, but digitalWrite isn't PWM, although it confirms here that those are PWM pins.

JimboZA:

Infinition:
When I plug the line into 10 there is no result,

What line? - what does that mean?

What result are you expecting?

Your subject line talks of PWM, but digitalWrite isn't PWM, although it confirms here that here arePWM pins.

I am controlling a 12v DC fan with a transistor. For this piece of code I am using a simple LED circuit to test the pin. At first I thought my transistor went bad, and then when I tested a LED with analogWrite it didn't light up. For this simple piece of code, the LED lights up when it is plugged into the 11 pin, but not the 10.

Hmmm then it would indeed seem that the pin is stuffed, if you're satisfied the connection's good and it's the same led which works on the other pin.

The LED has a series resistor, as a matter of interest?

JimboZA:
Hmmm then it would indeed seem that the pin is stuffed, if you're satisfied the connection's good and it's the same led which works on the other pin.

The LED has a series resistor, as a matter of interest?

Do you have any suggestions for how to fix the pin?

Do you have any suggestions for how to fix the pin?

Nope, sorry.

Did you use a current limiting resistor on the LED and or the transistor base?