Problems with Serial and Mirf

Hello All
I’m really stumped on this problem i’m having, I’ve been searching Google for nearly an hour with no success. I’m playing around with 2 nRF24L01 Transceivers that are running a UNO board each.
Here is my code that i’m using

#include <SPI.h>
#include <Mirf.h>
#include <nRF24L01.h>

void setup(){
	Serial.begin(115200);
	Serial.println("Serial Started");

Mirf.init();
	//Mirf.setRADDR((byte *)"serv1");
	//Mirf.config();
	//Mirf.payload = sizeof(int);
	Serial.println("Setup Complete");

}

void loop()
{

}

My problem is that if I uncomment Mirf.init(); I get a serial output like this SerialSerialSerialSerialSerialSerialSerial and that goes indefinitely, if however I comment out Mirf.init(); I get my 2 Serial outputs I have in the void setup. This happens with both my boards and it doesn’t matter if the Wireless Transceivers are connected or not and I’ve double checked that they are connected correctly.
Any help would be great :slight_smile:

Could it be that these Mirf modules communicate through Serial, and you’re trying to use the same communication channel for 2 things? Or maybe the Mirf module code is causing the board to reset? Any chance you could, oh, I don’t know, maybe point us to this mythical Mirf library you’re using?

http://playground.arduino.cc/InterfacingWithHardware/Nrf24L01
Here is the link to the library i'm using .

Ok, so it's not a UART connected module, so you should be safe using Serial.

My guess, then, is that the board is being reset by bad code in the library.

Yer right, I haven't read any other people having problems with it. Do you have a library that you recommend?

I got exactly the same issue.
MirfSpiDriver causes this problem.
Seems that spi variable is not initialized in Mirf class, so i've added initialization into init method in Mirf.cpp file right before spi->begin(); call:
spi = new MirfSpiDriver();
Hope this helps