Problems with the command line uploader

The IDE wasn’t working right for me (menus would go away as soon as I lifted my mouse after clicking on them, and the text area didn’t scale to the full size of the program) so I’m trying to use the command line uploader.

Right now, I have some problems when I run make. I get the following error:

# Here is the "preprocessing".
# It creates a .cpp file based with the same name as the .pde file.
# On top of the new .cpp file comes the WProgram.h header.
# At the end there is a generic main() function attached.
# Then the .cpp file will be compiled. Errors during compile will
# refer to this new, automatically generated, file. 
# Not the original .pde file you actually edit...
test -d applet || mkdir applet
echo '#include "WProgram.h"' > applet/power.cpp
cat power.pde >> applet/power.cpp
cat /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/main.cxx >> applet/power.cpp
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring_analog.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring_digital.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring_pulse.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring_serial.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring_shift.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.o
/usr/bin/avr-ar rcs applet/core.a /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/WMath.o
/usr/bin/avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega168 -I. -gstabs -DF_CPU=16000000 -I/home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -std=gnu99  -o applet/power.elf applet/power.cpp -L. applet/core.a -lm
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
cc1plus: warning: command line option "-std=gnu99" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
In file included from /home/alex/Downloads/arduino-0011/hardware/cores/arduino/WProgram.h:6,
                 from applet/power.cpp:1:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.0/../../../../avr/include/avr/signal.h:36:2: warning: #warning "This header file is obsolete.  Use <avr/interrupt.h>."
/usr/bin/avr-ld: crtm168.o: No such file: No such file or directory
make: *** [applet/power.elf] Error 1

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.