Processing + Arduino? Simple Question

When you run a program using processing does it upload it to the arduino? that way it can be powered with a battery pack instead of being tethered to a computer?

When you run a program using processing does it upload it to the arduino?

Have you tried? When the Processing application starts, typically there is a new window opened on the PC. That would suggest that the Processing application is not running on the Arduino.

Really. Try it. Unplug the Arduino. Put it in a drawer. Lock the drawer. Take the PC into another room, or another city. The Processing application still works just fine. It can't communicate with the Arduino, if that is part of it's design, but it still does everything else.

I am aware that the sketches will run on a PC if the arduino is not plugged in and is not a necessary part of the sketch, what I am wondering is does the sketch save itself on the arduino so that I can remove the PC and run the sketch solely on the arduino…

Processing is a PC application. It does not upload code to the Arduino. The Processing sketch can not be uploaded to, or run on, an Arduino.