Processing error cc

The package cc does not exist, you may be missing a library

FROM THE BEGINNING:
Installed Arduino and Uploaded Formata to the Mega board.

Downloaded the mega library from Arduino website and installed the 'arduino' directory into the 'libraries' directory.

My directory layout:
Processing is on drive 'C' in 'OtherPrograms.
Within preferences I have the sketchbook locations as
'...... ProcessingWorkspace'

Within processing I loaded a program by
File -> Sketchbook -> Libraries -> arduino -> examples -> arduino_output

and I guess that the above means that the arduino library is in the correct preference directory.

Now, when I try to run the sketch, I get an error on the import line

import cc.arduino.*;

and the error message is

The package "cc" does not exist. You may be missing a library.

In the arduino library that I downloaded and loaded into the preferences libraries directory I have a subdirectories called 'examples', 'library' and 'src' but the 'library' directory is empty and I presume this is my problem.

Anyone got any idea where I can get the stuff to put in here :-/ or have I made some very very very basic mistake along the line

Oliver

In the arduino library that I downloaded and loaded into the preferences libraries directory I have a subdirectories called 'examples', 'library' and 'src' but the 'library' directory is empty and I presume this is my problem.

No. The presence or absence of Arduino libraries has no impact on the Processing application.

The cc.arduino library is the firmata plugin for Processing. You need to download and install the Processing library.
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/Processing

I had this same error. I think it's because the jar file is missing from the arduino folder in the latest release. I found an old version that I had on my laptop that has the jar file, copied the arduino folder over and put it in the libraries folder and it works fine.

Not sure why the jar file is missing from this latest release.

I think it's because the jar file is missing from the arduino folder in the latest release.

Which jar file is missing from which release of what?