Processing fails to communicate with Arduino. Not RXTX version

I am using the simple write example, with a half second delay. The serial LED blinks every half second, but the program never turns on the LED on pin 13.

I did change the code so that it uses 13. I have also gone through the gymnastics of getting the rxtx serial libary versions to agree.

When I use Arduino serial monitor, or cool term, I can type and H in and the LED lights up. I even put in write statments and tried to read them in my processing code. It can't write or read successfully, but the green serial LED blinks every half second.

Again, with Serial Monitor or Coolterm, it works flawlessly, so the problem is with Processing.

MAC OS 10.6, Arduino Mega 2560

Again, with Serial Monitor or Coolterm, it works flawlessly, so the problem is with Processing.

I've confirmed that what is sent from Processing to the Arduino Mega 2560 is NOT what is expected by the Mega, and that what the Mega sends back is not recognized by Processing.

The same Arduino sketch, compiled and uploaded to a Duemilanove works perfectly.

However, this is a Processing issue, not an Arduino issue, so it should be reported to the Processing forum, not here.

Thx! I have more boards coming, will just not use 2560 for this.