Producing variable phase and variable duty cycle PWM SIgnals

Hello :slight_smile:

I was wondering if it is possible to introduce a phase shift in a variable duty cycle PWM signal. I came across instances where you can only have a constant duty cycle while phase shifting the signal. Or are there any add on shields or modules that can accomplish this? I require this to be able to synchronize two propellers rotating pseudo coaxially.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

The signal creation depends mostly on your programming skills, and the choice of the right hardware for the signal frequency and phase/duty cycle resolution.

But I doubt that it will do what you want. What kind of motors do you use? DC motors only react on the duty cycle, not on the signal phase. BLDC motors are not normally controlled by PWM, they require special ESC.

shankarkumarj:
\I was wondering if it is possible to introduce a phase shift in a variable duty cycle PWM signal.

Sure, can be done. Use an external interrupt on the incoming signal and a timer interrupt to control the outgoing signal. As long as the frequency is stable (and is measured from the incoming signal - easiest and most accurately again with that timer, timer1 is most suitable on an ATmega328p based Arduino).