Product Reccomendations

I'm building an LED suit using approximately 150 - 200 5V WS2812B 5050 RGB addressable LED's.

I'd like to be able to control the lights in 4 banks, 6 would be better but at least 4 and also have the ability to wire in three external buttons, power along with a previous and next button.

Also I want to be able to power the board using an external power supply, I don't want to have to power it through a USB or mini date transfer cable. If I can do that wiring in the power button should be a snap.

What is the most compact Arduino that can do all of that plus be able to power the 150-200 LED's?

Does anyone recommend using a shield or an LED driver?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chris (Newbie)

ckeagen:
I'm building an LED suit using approximately 150 - 200 5V WS2812B 5050 RGB addressable LED's.

I'd like to be able to control the lights in 4 banks, 6 would be better but at least 4 and also have the ability to wire in three external buttons, power along with a previous and next button.

Also I want to be able to power the board using an external power supply, I don't want to have to power it through a USB or mini date transfer cable. If I can do that wiring in the power button should be a snap.

What is the most compact Arduino that can do all of that plus be able to power the 150-200 LED's?

Does anyone recommend using a shield or an LED driver?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chris (Newbie)

since the LED's are addressable via a serial out, I believe the Digispark is the most compact.

The addressable LEDs already have the drivers built in. That is why we use them.

No, the Arduino does not power the LEDs. They should be connected directly to the battery or power switch. The Arduino only sends data. Don't forget to connect the grounds.

The Lilypad is designed with wearable projects in mind. That would be my first place to start looking at Arduino boards.

But...
With that many LEDs and the Standard library using 3 Bytes pro LED...
To use the really smaller Versions, you are going to have a Memory Problem.

See: NeoPixels Revealed: How to (not need to) generate precisely timed signals | josh.com

He Claims to get around the Memory Problem.