Production of an arduino test board

Hello,

here is my question : I have used an arduino for testing a project, this project works great, and now I want it to build it with real pcb and atmega chip not in ‘development’ mode.

I mean, a PCB that don’t need a computer, the atmega will be programmed once, and that’s all.

Can someone tell me what I need, and what I don’t need from the arduino pcb for a final pcb ?

How can I program the final atmega ? how does I have to change my program for using it in an atmega chip that don’t have the bootloader piece of software ?

I don’t know if it is really clear, but thanks in advance anyway.

Not much is required to run a standalone AVR 168/328 chip. It will require a 16mhz crystal/caps or 3 terminal resonator and a pull-up resistor on the reset pin.

It can run with the Arduino bootloader code left on, causing only a delay on power up or reset before the program starts. To run the sketch without the bootloader code requires only that a programmer be used to erase the chip and then burn the HEX file located in the applications applet folder.

Lefty

If i wanted to do what you are planning i’d take schematics of any Breadboard Arduino (iDuino, Boarduino, ArduinoStamp…) and extend it to my needs - that would do i think…
Maybe one major design change should be a zifsocket if you dont plan on having an USB or Serial socket…

A really great thanks to both of you !

Thanks again.