Products suggestion

Hi everyone,

I need to integrate Arduino with accelerator, gyroscope and sim card slot. Can you all suggest me what the products I need to use?

Thank you.

You need: 1) an Arduino, 2) an accelerator that can accelerate whatever you want to accelerate at the the acceleration you need, 3) a gyroscope that can measure whatever range/acceleration you want it to measure at the accuracy and precision your project requires, 4) a SIM card adapter - e.g. the SIM800 or SIM900 - check for one that supports your preferred mobile network's frequency and data mode (GPRS/2G, 3G, 4G and/or 5G), 5) a power supply of sorts capable of supplying sufficient power for all the above, 6) wires to link it all together.

wvmarle: You need:

2) an accelerator that can accelerate whatever you want to accelerate at the the acceleration you need,

all were great suggestions, but I think #2 was a little confusing.

should it read ??

2) an accelerator sensor that can sense acceleration at whatever sensed acceleration values you expect to see when accelerating ?

I know it was not asked for but

7) a display that will be able to display the values you would like to display

maybe we should ask the OP to put some values on these things ? I heard rumors that there is a covert team working on stolen Ferengi warp speed acceleration technology, not sure if they have been successful, but keep watching Ali Express, once it works, they will have it with free shipping.

He asked for an accelerator, not an accelerometer. The first is something that initiates an acceleration, such as the foot pedal in a motor vehicle: press it and the vehicle accelerates. The second is indeed a sensor. Now the second does make more sense but it’s not what OP asked for.

A display can be useful indeed.

Now we’re at it: breadboard, protoboard, solder, soldering iron, probably a handful of various resistors/capacitors, connectors, a nice project box…

I stand corrected. he indeed did ask, for an accelerator. I was assuming I knew what he wanted... bad thing to do.

Funny how we call a foot pedal in a car an 'accelerator' all it really does, in older cars, is to move a linkage that then opens the valve on the carburetor so that more air can enter. Seems it would be a bit more proper to call it a manual, foot modulated, air intake linkage control device.

It is a shame that he cannot get the desired parts as shields for an Arduino. it would make things a bit easier.

Now we're at it: breadboard, protoboard, solder, soldering iron, probably a handful of various resistors/capacitors, connectors, a nice project box...

Don't forget smoke, to replace the magic smoke that IS going to escape, before all is said and done.

dave-in-nj: I was assuming I knew what he wanted... bad thing to do.

I usually try to do the same - but OP so obviously didn't bother to read the guidelines, or even give any serious information on what they were actually looking for, that I thought it's probably best to take them literally :)

Still waiting to see if OP still dares to come back, give more details and specifications of what they really want, and get some more useful advice in the process.

dave-in-nj: Funny how we call a foot pedal in a car an 'accelerator'

In Dutch, we call it "gaspedaal" - literally translated "gas pedal". Indeed a more appropriate description, but now with electrical vehicles it's not working any more. On the other hand, when using the turning lights we say "stick out your arrow" - from a time long gone when manual arrow-like signals were used for that purpose. Funny how those things go.

PaulS: Don't forget smoke, to replace the magic smoke that IS going to escape, before all is said and done.

I have never heard of a way to replace the magic smoke, when it escapes the part is usually done for.

Oh, and some burn cream may be good. I do remember once getting a pretty clear imprint of a TO-220 in my fingers, after I grabbed it not expecting it to be hot at all (that was a 7805 wired incorrectly). That hurt badly.

Funny how we call a foot pedal in a car an 'accelerator'

Some of us call (one of) the foot pedal(s) a clutch pedal or a brake pedal. 8)

Indeed a more appropriate description, but now with electrical vehicles it's not working any more.

My friend has an electric car. He let me drive it. Quite an interesting experience. The right hand foot pedal acts as both an accelerator and a brake, depending on whether you are pressing it down, or letting it up.

I remember the opposite, driving in a car with cruise control for the first time. I'm used to having a car to start slowing down when you let go of the gas, but on cruise control it of course maintains its speed. It gave me the feeling the car took me for a ride, and ran off with me! (which of course is, in a way, true).

It gave me the feeling the car took me for a ride, and ran off with me!

For a really weird feeling, try cruise control on a motorcycle. I'm not sure why manufacturers thought that was a good idea, but all the major manufacturers include cruise control on the bigger bikes.

All of mine have cruise control that I have almost never had a need for.

PaulS: Don't forget smoke, to replace the magic smoke that IS going to escape, before all is said and done.

Knowing that magic smoke is only available in the compressed and condensed form, one needs to know what form is needed. the old school DIP '328 was each to have on-hand for such replacements. Sadly one of my ESP8266 chips only needs D5 replaced. however, not having the proper insertion tool for a single channel replacement, I need to replace the entire board. I have scores of 1k, 4k7 and 10k smoke in both axial as well as SMD forms I also have 10uF smoke in SMD.... for those times it is needed. I just secured some condensed smoke in a larger ESP32 Dev board footprint. cannot wait to test that out.

wvmarle: You need: 1) an Arduino, 2) an accelerator that can accelerate whatever you want to accelerate at the the acceleration you need, 3) a gyroscope that can measure whatever range/acceleration you want it to measure at the accuracy and precision your project requires, 4) a SIM card adapter - e.g. the SIM800 or SIM900 - check for one that supports your preferred mobile network's frequency and data mode (GPRS/2G, 3G, 4G and/or 5G), 5) a power supply of sorts capable of supplying sufficient power for all the above, 6) wires to link it all together.

Thank you for your suggestions. Sorry for that I wrongly wrote that accelerator, actually I need an accelerometer. Really sorry about that.

May I know any Arduino come with this kind of sensors?

No. An Arduino is just a processor with some peripherals such as power regulator and USB to TTL interface. It can't do much by itself. It can read inputs, it can produce outputs based on it. That's it.

Sensors (which provide the Arduino with its inputs) you get separately. There are thousands of different sensors out there. You decide which you want for your project and get those.