PROGMEM DATA not erased on upload

So my question is simple. How to make sure old progmem data is not still in Arduino, because I am getting old progmem data in my Arduino hence making me confused as to why this is happening.

Below is my code I'm uploading:

New Code

This is the old PROGMEM Code that is still being used:
*notice changes on letter "I", "i", "t", etc.

Persistant Code

Regards

PS: Sorry had to use Pastebin, was over the limit of post.

[quote author=echo_ssm14293 link=msg=3189196 date=1
[/quote]
No you had not :wink: Then you should have attached them like described in How to use the forum :wink: Pastbin isn't that bad but the fact you didn't make one of them C++ code it is harder to read.

And if you use a library, link to it :wink:

But PROGMEM is just part of the program so there is no erase. The only option I can think of is that you have a pointer wrong somewhere and go to a point of memory that's not used by the new program...

My bad. Forgot about the upload option, never had to use it for codes, hehe.

BAK one is the older one.

As for the wrong pointer, how can I over come that. I even uploaded other code (Arduino ISP) and reuploaded mine, still same error. Why? I not even uploading the older code, checked it like 1000 times. Why is it doing that?

The library:
https://majicdesigns.github.io/MD_MAX72XX/

sketch_mar15a.ino (10.9 KB)

sketch_mar15a.bak.ino (13.3 KB)

But where exactly do you get a result that's not what you expect?

septillion:
[quote author=echo_ssm14293 link=msg=3189196 date=1

No you had not :wink: Then you should have attached them like described in How to use the forum :wink: Pastbin isn't that bad but the fact you didn't make one of them C++ code it is harder to read.

And if you use a library, link to it :wink:

But PROGMEM is just part of the program so there is no erase. The only option I can think of is that you have a pointer wrong somewhere and go to a point of memory that's not used by the new program...

I solved it. I was pointing to the wrong array. Inface the array/progmem is was using was not even getting used.

The header files had its own version of the font that I overwrote to get the effect.

Thanks a lot! :smiley: