Program messed up.

Hello,
I have used my Arduino 101 for about a year now. I must have done something wrong, so now when I try to run my program, no data is sent. Just FYI I have a bluetooth connection from my Arduino 101 to the Bluefruit app where it posts data. It was just working earlier today, but now the code only connects from my Arduino to my phone, and does not post any data. I tried re-installing Arduino, changing wires, and updating drivers, but nothing is working. Also, I tried just an example program from a sensor and that doesn't post anything over the serial monitor either. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Update: I ran this code:

#include <Wire.h>
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.flush();
}

void loop() {
  Serial.println("Hi");

}

and got this error:

Sketch uses 12908 bytes (8%) of program storage space. Maximum is 155648 bytes.
Starting download script...
SUCCESS: Sketch will execute in about 5 seconds.
processing.app.SerialException: Error opening serial port 'COM3'.
	at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:147)
	at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:82)
	at processing.app.SerialMonitor$2.<init>(SerialMonitor.java:131)
	at processing.app.SerialMonitor.open(SerialMonitor.java:131)
	at processing.app.AbstractMonitor.resume(AbstractMonitor.java:134)
	at processing.app.Editor.resumeOrCloseSerialMonitor(Editor.java:2135)
	at processing.app.Editor.access$1300(Editor.java:117)
	at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2109)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM3; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
	at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164)
	at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:136)
	... 8 more
Error opening serial port 'COM3'.

Not sure if this helps.
Thanks a lot!

Your Arduino is no longer on COM3.

Yes, it is. The test program I had works, but the larger program's issue of not posting any data persists.
Also, I cannot control the robot through the control pad.
Here's my code although I doubt it is a code problem:(it was working earlier)

TiernanBot.ino (10.8 KB)

What part of Error opening serial port 'COM3'. is working!

I don't know, but I ran it again and it runs the test blink program just fine, as well as the test program. I think that was just a weird error. It could be something with I2C?

Not sure what you are doing since you apparently have several programs and one --- whichever that one is --- is giving you the error.

Sorry,
basically, I want to run a program that connects over bluetooth to a mobile device running the Bluefruit app(By adafruit). My phone can connect to the Arduino, so I know the code is running, however I am not receiving any sensor data(The arduino should be sending data to the UART monitor there.) I then ran a test program, eliminating the bluetooth communication and just sending sensor data via Serial, but that returns no sensor data either. I'm thinking its a problem with the wire library for I2C, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Also, on the other user I use on my computer, I set up Arduino and got sensor data from the example program(Over serial). The bluetooth connection still doesn't work, but that's something.

Tbot1000:
Sorry,
basically, I want to run a program that connects over bluetooth to a mobile device running the Bluefruit app(By adafruit). My phone can connect to the Arduino, so I know the code is running, however I am not receiving any sensor data(The arduino should be sending data to the UART monitor there.) I then ran a test program, eliminating the bluetooth communication and just sending sensor data via Serial, but that returns no sensor data either. I'm thinking its a problem with the wire library for I2C, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Your phone can connect to the Arduino?
Really? How do you know this?

The Arduino's name appears in the device directory appears and when I click connect it enters into all of the options. When I remove power, it halts. Before I did something(I don't know what it was) it was working perfectly.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Posting tips.

• Always list the version of the IDE you are using and the board version if applicable.
  • How to insert an image into your post. ( Thanks Robin2 )
  • Add your sketch where applicable but please use CODE TAGS ( </> )
  • Add a SCHEMATIC were needed even if it is hand drawn
  • Add working links to any specific hardware as needed (NOT links to similar items)
  • Guessing is not the best way to describe an issue. Actual facts are the most important.
  • Remember that the people trying to help cannot see your problem so give as much information as you can

Tbot1000:
The Arduino's name appears in the device directory appears and when I click connect it enters into all of the options. When I remove power, it halts. Before I did something(I don't know what it was) it was working perfectly.

This is like pulling teeth.

Another useless piece of information that tells us nothing.

Never mind, somehow I got it working.

It is the " somehow I got it working." that could help others.
Without that information this becomes a dead end post.

Bob.