Program not uploading to 3rd party board

I have an elegoo uno R3 microcontroller. No matter the program, it will not upload to the board. I was using the “blink” example just to test, and I received the message “problem uploading to board. See http://... etc.”

What are we supposed to do with that information? You have told us NOTHING - posting the error message would be a good start.

Does that clear it up? I’m new to this, don’t hate.

Boop:
Does that clear it up? I’m new to this, don’t hate.

Does what clear it up? You have not posted additional information as far as I can tell.

Please post the FULL TEXT of ANY AND ALL ERROR MESSAGES. The small piece of the error message you posted is included with all upload errors and does not assist in debugging.

The IDE gives you a button to click to copy all the errors to the clipboard. Click that button, and paste it into a post.

Please do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > upload (check) > OK
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the process fails you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

<Arduino: 1.8.4 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

Sketch uses 928 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “COM1”: No such file or directory
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.>

Hope this helps pert!

First you need to connect the board to your computer with a USB cable. Then in the Arduino IDE under Tools click on Port. There should be a list of ports, select the one that the board is connected to.

If only COM1 shows in the list then you might have a driver problem or a bad USB cable. If so you will have to install drivers for your board or try another cable.

Hope this clue is enough to get you going.

It only shows Bluetooth ports. Is that a problem?

Com1 isn’t even showing up. I’ve tried 2 cables now, but it’s the same for both. Is there a possibility that the microcontroller is broken?

More likely a driver issue. Is it a clone? Many of those use the cp2102 or ch340g serial adapter- you need to download and install those drivers in that case