Program not working on standalone Arduino

I am implementing the Arduino on breadboard using Atmega328P-PU. I made all the connections correct, and I am intending to upload the program using a regular Arduino. As instructed I uploaded the Arduino ISP program on regular Arduino board. Then made connections between regular Arduino and breadboard Arduino. Then I uploaded the program using Arduino as ISP and while uploading the leds on both arduinos blink crazy. Then it shows done uploading without any error. Still the blink sketch doesn't work on breadboard Arduino.
I have done this before, and it was working all okay before, but now it isn't working. I don't what the problem is. It doesn't even show any error. :frowning:

How are we supposed to help you if you don't post any concrete information?
Please share your schematic diagram, and a picture of the connections.

Are you sure that you've burnt the bootloader correctly? A working bootloader should blink the LED on pin 13 when powered on.

Pieter

First of all thank you for replying.
I am trying to upload a pic, but it's not happening maybe some problem with my internet connection.
Could you please tell how to connect the led to pin 13 to check if bootloader is uploaded successfully or not?
The problem is that I have done everything before and it all worked well. But now even a basic sketch like blink is not working. What should I do? It doesn't even show an error.it shows done uploading without any error.

Just connect physical pin 19 (PB5/digital 13) to the anode of an LED, and the cathode with a series resistor to ground.
Have you tried following this guide? https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP

What Serial-to-USB converter are you using? Did you build a reset circuit?

Pieter

Yes I have connected a led to pin 19, it doesn't glow when powered on! It only glows while uploading, and stops when uploading is done!

This means that either the ATmega is broken, or your crystal is not correctly connected, or the bootloader is not correctly installed.
Did you try the guide in my previous post? Or do you want to use it without the Arduino bootloader?

Pieter

Yes I have seen this post. Is it necessary to connect the 10uf capacitor between reset and ground? I watched the verbose output while uploading the blink sketch, it shows oscillator as off . Is that a problem?

Yes, you need the 10uF cap, otherwise, the Arduino as ISP will reset, and you will probably upload the sketch to the wrong Arduino.

Pieter

I connected the 10uf capacitor. As son as I connected, the led did glow for a sec, then I tried uploading again. It's successfully uploaded but still the blink pgm not working, the led us not glowing according to program.

What about the oscillator? What can I do about it? And why does the led blink while uploading?

I used the above link first. It worked. Now it's not working.
:frowning:

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\arduino-nightly\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM34
Using Programmer : stk500v1
Overriding Baud Rate : 19200
AVR Part : ATmega328P
Chip Erase delay : 9000 us
PAGEL : PD7
BS2 : PC2
RESET disposition : dedicated
RETRY pulse : SCK
serial program mode : yes
parallel program mode : yes
Timeout : 200
StabDelay : 100
CmdexeDelay : 25
SyncLoops : 32
ByteDelay : 0
PollIndex : 3
PollValue : 0x53
Memory Detail :

Block Poll Page Polled
Memory Type Mode Delay Size Indx Paged Size Size #Pages MinW MaxW ReadBack

eeprom 65 20 4 0 no 1024 4 0 3600 3600 0xff 0xff
flash 65 6 128 0 yes 32768 128 256 4500 4500 0xff 0xff
lfuse 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 4500 4500 0x00 0x00
hfuse 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 4500 4500 0x00 0x00
efuse 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 4500 4500 0x00 0x00
lock 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 4500 4500 0x00 0x00
calibration 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 0 0 0x00 0x00
signature 0 0 0 0 no 3 0 0 0 0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : STK500
Description : Atmel STK500 Version 1.x firmware
Hardware Version: 2
Firmware Version: 1.18
Topcard : Unknown
Vtarget : 0.0 V
Varef : 0.0 V
Oscillator : Off
SCK period : 0.1 us

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f (probably m328p)
avrdude: NOTE: "flash" memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude: erasing chip
avrdude: reading input file "C:\Users\ADITYA\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_148238/Blink.ino.hex"
avrdude: writing flash (928 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 1.11s

avrdude: 928 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\ADITYA\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_148238/Blink.ino.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\ADITYA\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_148238/Blink.ino.hex:
avrdude: input file C:\Users\ADITYA\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_148238/Blink.ino.hex contains 928 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.64s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 928 bytes of flash verified

avrdude done. Thank you.

The led is glowing now on powering the circuit after connecting the 10uf capacitor. But still the program is not working after upload.The worst part is it doesn't even show an error. The blink program works perfectly fine on regular Arduino.

Something is wired incorrectly, I'd say. Since you haven't posted any information on that, we couldn't tell you where.