Programing a capacitor

Hey there
I was wondering if it somehow is possible to program some sketch, that would turn the Arduino into a capacitor.
It would be fine if this would use up an entire Arduino, since I have multiple.

Maybe you think what for I would need that...
Well the answer is that I need a 0.1 μF capacitor for an very important project, however in the area I live in, there is no tech shop, that provides capacitors.
Also the prices here for a single 0.1 μF capacitor is over 20 dollar, which is too much.

So is there some way, how I could transform or use my Arduino as a 0.1 μF capacitor?

(If not are there any items, which every house has, that may contais a 0.1 μF capacitor?)

Thanks

An Arduino cannot be programmed to act as a capacitor.

Just about any piece of junked electronics (including an Arduino) will have an 0.1 uF (100 nF, "104") capacitor that you can salvage for free.

WOW

Also the prices here for a single 0.1 μF capacitor is over 20 dollar, which is too much.

Where are you located??

no access to amazon or eBay where you live?

J-M-L:
no access to amazon or eBay where you live?

Or Aliexpress via air mail...

There are some places with U.N. Sanctions in place where you can't ship in tech.

He must be in N. Korea although oddly he has an Arduino in hand and he can't get a hold of a simple capacitor? Smells fishy.

Well there are also research labs like in the International Space Station or north Pole or on a remote isolated island where you could have brought technology but FedEx delivery might be difficult but then he is just saying price is the issue... indeed weird...

Let's wait until we hear back from OP

I saw a guy from Iran in another forum where basic tech was very expensive because there are so few of them. Not sure if there are still sanctions on Iran.

But an arduino would cost $500 there right?

mistergreen:
There are some places with U.N. Sanctions in place where you can't ship in tech.

Capacitor was invented over 250 years ago, it's hardly "tech" :wink:

Yeah there are no ban anywhere on a 0.1µF capacitor... While US exports might be forbidden in some places, the US are not the only ones building capacitors...

I am awaiting a reply from OP with bated breathe...

he gets internet access may be only once a month too… :slight_smile:

hey there
sry for not responding...
what you guys say is not true at all.
I do not live in Korea, the Iran, an isolated island or some other place like the international space station, I do have internet all the time, I do not mix up a super capacitor with a 0.1 uf capacitor.
Also there is Amazon and Ebay, but these are the places, where it costs 20 dollar(converted).
And the reason, why I do have an Arduino, but no capacitor is, that I got that Arduino before me moved to this place, however I did not bring capacitors.

Where is “this place” ?

@crix - don't take our comments too seriously - just having some fun waiting for your answer.

on eBay when you buy from Asia they mostly deliver for free.

J-M-L:
@crix - don't take our comments too seriously - just having some fun waiting for your answer.

on eBay when you buy from Asia they mostly deliver for free.

there is some confusion... you can get a bag of a thousand capacitors for a few dollars....

Perhaps OP can post a link to the capacitor to which he is referring.

Crix:
Also there is Amazon and Ebay, but these are the places, where it costs 20 dollar(converted).

Where are you located Crix. I usually pay about 1 dollar per 100 pieces. They are a very low cost component.

See the following ebay links for examples of 0.1u ceramic capacitors at under $1 per hundred pieces:

ebay link 1

ebay link 2

Maybe it's a Flux Capacitor.

Sadly there are some places in the world where their internal postal service is so wretchedly unreliable that most ebays vendors wont ship there. I suspect that the op is unfortunate enough to live in one of those places. :frowning:

seems we will never know...