programmer is not responding

Hi, I'm having issues uploading my program to the board. When I try, it gives me this error message: "avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding," and no lights blink on the arduino. The board is getting power from the USB port (PWR light is on). This same board worked fine earlier this afternoon on a different Mac computer, but now refuses to talk to my personal mac, so I don't think it's a hardware problem, but something to do with my computer or my version of Arduino software. I've got a MacBook Pro with Intel Core duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, running OS 10.5.6, and I'm using Arduino 14. My board is a Duemilanove. Any ideas? Thanks!

I have same problem with an Adruino Mega. Appears to be the most common unressolved issue on the web. I ordered another board. I suspect my bootloader is corrupted as I’ve tried every resolution tip multiple times.

Not familiar with Mac but drivers appear to be common issue.

ag

thanks! :) I'll have a look at my driver, since the chip works fine on other macs--just not on my mac!

You're likely going to be OK, I tried three different PCs and none would upload.

good luck

I'd forgotten to install the driver when I installed Arduino on my mac! And checking into that didn't occur to me until today--I just figured the ports it listed in the tools menu were the right ones, so I never thought to look into USB port issues. Silly me! Now it works fine, lol... Thanks!