Programmer is not responding

Hello everyone, I have been working on my arduino since 2 months ago more or less, in the same computer (a mac), yesterday, I was working on it and when I tried to upload the program with some changes, it said "Programmer is not responding", I have re install arduino many times, even another version and i have also tried in a windows pc, it says "not in sync", is my arduino damaged? please help

junitinn:
Hello everyone, I have been working on my arduino since 2 months ago more or less, in the same computer (a mac), yesterday, I was working on it and when I tried to upload the program with some changes, it said "Programmer is not responding", I have re install arduino many times, even another version and i have also tried in a windows pc, it says "not in sync", is my arduino damaged? please help

triple check your cable is capable of data transfer, not just powering.

I've made that error many times, I now put tape on the cable indicating ready for data.

I dont understand what you mean bro, what should i do?

I forgot to say that inner led is always on, not sure is it is normal

junitinn:
I dont understand what you mean bro, what should i do?

you should verify that the USB cable that connects your arduino to your mac/pc is actually capable of transferring data, not just intended to be a USB charging cable. :wink:

Of course It does, as I have said, I have been working for a while without any trouble, I really dont know what happenedm i think it got damaged