Programming an Arduino with AT (=Attention) commands.

Hello Arduino-fellows, I would like to program an ATMega328p over USB using attention commands or eventuallly any other way. Does someone have experience with that? The basic functionality should be that you can transmit different commands via serial connection and adjust settings of the MCU, which will be used as a sensor node.

Sorry, totally insufficient detail. Try again. What is is you want to actually do? Forget the "AT" business.

Paul__B: Sorry, totally insufficient detail. Try again. What is is you want to actually do? Forget the "AT" business.

Thanks for your response! I want to program some settings of a sensor node over a USB port and screen the options. Maybe there are some open source projects with a GUI already but anyways the problem to be solved is being able to read and write over USB to a sensor node to read config or adjust like: Sending power Sending Interval Read preset Mac Address Etc

The Arduino appears to the PC as a serial port. No idea what you are talking about with "over USB".

You can program the Arduino to understand and process any commands... you need to write that software. I suspect the AT command format may be less than optimal, but who am I to judge. The beauty of a bare ‘empty’ controller is that you can tell it to do or understand anything you want that’s within the physical and temporal limits of the physics.

Your first excursion should be learning about sending and receiving any serial* command within a sketch. It’s not too hard, but once that’s nailed down, the rest will become clearer.

• Serial in an Arduino is often through the USB port, but almost as easily through a second port- possibly using another USB interface chip,or an RS232 level converter. If you get really brave, you can grow into a bluetooth or cellular connection etc. But either way, you’ll likely get the core functionality working with a wired connection.

The serial input basics tutorial is a good introduction to receiving and parsing serial data.