Programming an XBee Series 1 for the LilyPad Simple Board to Control LEDs

Hello! I would like help with connecting two XBee Series One Boards(XBee 1mW Trace Antenna - Series 1 (802.15.4) - WRL-11215 - SparkFun Electronics) to two Lilypad Simple Boards(LilyPad Arduino Simple Board - DEV-10274 - SparkFun Electronics). My endgoal is to have a XBee transmitter connected to one Lilypad Simple and a XBee receiver connected to the other Lilypad Simple. When a light is switched on in the Lilypad Simple connected to the XBee transmitter, I want a light to go on in the Lilypad Simple connected to the XBee receiver. I wanted to have each circuit exist on a different felt bracelet. So, the light turning on in one bracelet would wirelessly turn on the light in the other bracelet

I have gotten my XBee boards to talk to one another in XCTU on my Mac OSX through following this tutorial provided by sparkfun: Exploring XBees and XCTU - learn.sparkfun.com. I used the XBee Explorer USB(SparkFun XBee Explorer USB - WRL-11812 - SparkFun Electronics) to connect my XBee Series One to the computer.

I am now lost as to what is my next step. I want to program one XBee to be a transmitter while the other is a receiver so that when I plug each of them into my Lilypad XBee boards(LilyPad XBee - DEV-12921 - SparkFun Electronics), I can include them in my circuit to cause the effect I described in my first paragraph. I also am not sure of how the XBee is integrated in the Arduino userface. I understand how to code an on/off switch/button to turn on an led light(LilyPad LED White (5pcs) - DEV-13902 - SparkFun Electronics).

I also am unsure of what order I should sew on my compartments.

Why not use one (or more) of these:

? Makes using XBees trivial.

Does the XBee need to be programmed before it's attached to the breakout board? I have two of the Lilypad Breakout boards.

Does the XBee need to be programmed before it's attached to the breakout board?

Yes, it does. Fortunately, digi.com took care of that before it shipped the XBee.

Configuring the XBee is a different story. If you drink digi's koolaid, they don't need to be configured. But, thier koolaid tastes like cowpoop. Because it is.

What would be the best tutorials to look at for configuring my two XBees? I ordered them from Sparkfun. Thank you for your help.