programming arduino via spi

Hello!
i found in my electronic collection an (ATmega328p-AU) and i don't remember from which arduino(nano or pro mini) i unsolder it in the past, so i made a pcb for it with 16mhz crystal oscillator than i tried to program it via an SPI programmer and i chose in the IDE settings(arduino nano/328p)and it works, so i tested it with some tasks and everything goes well.
later i tried to program it but as (arduino pro pro_mini) and it also works for me with no problems with the same tasks.
so my question:
is there a different between (nano or pro mini in IDE settings) when programming via external SPI programmer?if there is a different, than how can i know which one is the right?

If you're doing an "Upload Using Programmer", there is no difference between "Arduino Nano" with either of the Tools > Processor > ATmega328P menu options and "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini" with Tools > Processor > ATmega328P (5V, 16 MHz).

yes, I'm using"Upload Using Programmer".
thank you.

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance.

One thing to note is that, even though you're not using a bootloader on your ATmega328P (since you're uploading via the programmer instead), 2 kB of program memory is still being reserved for the boot section. If you want to get the full 32 kB of flash memory to use for your program, you can use Minicore:

with Tools > Board > ATmega328 and Tools > Bootloader set to "No bootloader". You need to do a Tools > Burn Bootloader with that setting to change the fuses for no boot section.

Perfect, thanks Pert.
good luck.