Programming arduino yun for image processing

Hello everybody,

I have read in several forums that Arduino is not able to decode QR code from an image.

So, I would like to know, if it would be possible to program the linux microproccesor to decode the images. How can I do it?

Any help would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

the linux microprocessor is capable of image processing but at a very slow speed.

Here it is an example about webcam streaming over WiFi ( the webcam is connected to the Yun) Guide to Setup Streaming Web Cam on the Yun - Arduino Yún - Arduino Forum.

About QR code detection there is an example here Real time QR Code / Bar code detection with webcam using OpenCV and ZBar – ayoungprogrammer's blog.
This is not related to the Yun but it shows how to use OpenCV and Zbar and it is possible to use OpenCV with the Arduino Yun. It is a very CPU intensive software so performances are not the best but it works.

Also consider that these packages are not available for the Yun but you have to port them.
Here a guide to compile OpenCV for OpenWRT Mark4H: Cross-compiling OpenCV for OpenWRT (WR703N)

I have been trying to cross compile Zbar for arduino yun but I can not. I don't know how to do it. I have followed lot of guides on internet, but I always find an error I have no idea how to solve it.

Please help me! For me cross compiling is quite difficult because I am not too experienced with linux.

I don't need OpenCV (I guess) because I just want to decode QR bars from png images.

fmartinez:
I have been trying to cross compile Zbar for arduino yun but I can not. I don't know how to do it. I have followed lot of guides on internet, but I always find an error I have no idea how to solve it.

Please help me! For me cross compiling is quite difficult because I am not too experienced with linux.

I don't need OpenCV (I guess) because I just want to decode QR bars from png images.

fmartinez,
Have you tried the instruction from OpenWRT Cross Compile?

If this does not help, try to Google: Openwrt

There is also this Cross-compiling OpenCV for OpenWRT (WR703N)

Jesse

Thank you for the answer Jesse.

Actually I did. I have follow the instrucctions of both links you sent me.

But it is a bit confusing, I don't actually what toolchain should I download. Because most of examples are done for a openwrt version that is using under routers, not in arduino yun.

Have anyone any experience on cross compiling for arduino yun??

I'm still working on it.

Best Regards,
Fernando

fmartinez:
Because most of examples are done for a openwrt version that is using under routers, not in arduino yun.

The Yun IS a router, even if it only has one Ethernet port and has an Arduino micro controller attached to it. It is based on the Atheros AR9331 chip, which is a 5 port router system on a chip with integrated WiFi.

A list of some of the supported hardware that uses the same chip IS HERE.

Note that the WR703N (linked above by Jesse) is on the same list, so the toolchain for that router should work for the Yun.

Ok.

Then thing is the following the steps of the Link that Jesse posted it doesn't work at all. Because Zbar doesn't have any CMakeList.txt file.

I decided (even without knowing if I am doing it well), to follow the steps that OpenWrt website provides at: Cross Compile [Old OpenWrt Wiki].

I can do it Configure but omitting several modules that actually I don't need (I think so), by command:

./configure --build=x86_64-unkown-linux-gnu  --host=mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc --disable-pthread --disable-video --without-gtk --without-qt

So I get next output:

please verify that the detected configuration matches your expectations:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
X                 --with-x=no
pthreads          --enable-pthread=no
v4l               --enable-video=no
        => zbarcam video scanner will *NOT* be built
jpeg              --with-jpeg=no
        => JPEG image conversions will *NOT* be supported
Magick++          --with-imagemagick=yes
Python            --with-python=yes
GTK+              --with-gtk=no
        => the GTK+ widget will *NOT* be built
Qt4               --with-qt=no
        => the Qt4 widget will *NOT* be built

That is mostly what I expected. Then I type "Make", get next error:

/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./include  -I./zbar -I./include    -Wall -Wno-parentheses -g -O2 -MT zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo -MD -MP -MF zbar/qrcode/.deps/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.Tpo -c -o zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo `test -f 'zbar/qrcode/qrdectxt.c' || echo './'`zbar/qrcode/qrdectxt.c
libtool: compile:  mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./include -I./zbar -I./include -Wall -Wno-parentheses -g -O2 -MT zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo -MD -MP -MF zbar/qrcode/.deps/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.Tpo -c zbar/qrcode/qrdectxt.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.o
zbar/qrcode/qrdectxt.c:9:19: fatal error: iconv.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio «/home/fmartinez/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10»
make: *** [all] Error 2

fmartinez:
Ok.

Then thing is the following the steps of the Link that Jesse posted it doesn't work at all. Because Zbar doesn't have any CMakeList.txt file.

I decided (even without knowing if I am doing it well), to follow the steps that OpenWrt website provides at: Cross Compile [Old OpenWrt Wiki].

::::SNIP::::

That is mostly what I expected. Then I type "Make", get next error:

/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./include  -I./zbar -I./include    -Wall -Wno-parentheses -g -O2 -MT zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo -MD -MP -MF zbar/qrcode/.deps/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.Tpo -c -o zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo `test -f 'zbar/qrcode/qrdectxt.c' || echo './'`zbar/qrcode/qrdectxt.c

libtool: compile:  mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./include -I./zbar -I./include -Wall -Wno-parentheses -g -O2 -MT zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo -MD -MP -MF zbar/qrcode/.deps/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.Tpo -c zbar/qrcode/qrdectxt.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.o
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo] Error 1

In the code above, this is your error:

The file is missing, or the file is in the wrong place.

1. Find file.
  2. Put somewhere compiler can find.

Jesse

I did it but new errors:

make  all-am
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio «/home/fmartinez/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10»
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./include  -I./zbar -I./include    -Wall -Wno-parentheses -g -O2 -MT zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.lo -MD -MP -MF zbar/.deps/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.Tpo -c -o zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.lo `test -f 'zbar/scanner.c' || echo './'`zbar/scanner.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./include -I./zbar -I./include -Wall -Wno-parentheses -g -O2 -MT zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.lo -MD -MP -MF zbar/.deps/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.Tpo -c zbar/scanner.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.o
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:937:0,
                 from zbar/debug.h:60,
                 from zbar/scanner.c:34:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:140:1: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘{’ token
 {
 ^
make[1]: *** [zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.lo] Error 1

I guess that is related to stdio2.h, but I daren't modify anything in that library.

Ok.

I fixed that last mistake. I found this solution at Error Compiling in Ubuntu.

I just have to set CFLAGS to empty string, before ./configure:
CFLAGS=""

And now...another new error:

fmartinez@gibson:~/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10$ make
make  all-am
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -Wall -Wno-parentheses  -no-undefined -version-info 2:0:2 -export-symbols-regex "^(zbar|_zbar.*_error)_.*"      -o zbar/libzbar.la -rpath /usr/local/lib zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-config.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-error.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-symbol.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-image.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-convert.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-processor.lo zbar/processor/zbar_libzbar_la-lock.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-refcnt.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-window.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-video.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-img_scanner.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-decoder.lo zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-ean.lo zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-code128.lo zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-code39.lo zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-i25.lo  zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-qr_finder.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdec.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-rs.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-isaac.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-bch15_5.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-binarize.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-util.lo  zbar/processor/zbar_libzbar_la-posix.lo    zbar/video/zbar_libzbar_la-null.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-jpeg.lo zbar/processor/zbar_libzbar_la-x.lo zbar/window/zbar_libzbar_la-x.lo zbar/window/zbar_libzbar_la-ximage.lo       -lSM -lICE -lX11     -ljpeg -lpthread 
libtool: link: link -dump -symbols  zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-config.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-error.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-symbol.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-image.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-convert.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-processor.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-lock.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-refcnt.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-window.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-video.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-img_scanner.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-decoder.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-ean.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-code128.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-code39.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-i25.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qr_finder.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdec.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-rs.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-isaac.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-bch15_5.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-binarize.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-util.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-posix.o zbar/video/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-null.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-jpeg.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-x.o zbar/window/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-x.o zbar/window/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-ximage.o   |  | /bin/sed 's/.* //' | sort | uniq > zbar/.libs/libzbar.exp
./libtool: eval: line 964: syntax error near unexpected token `|'
./libtool: eval: line 964: `link -dump -symbols  zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-config.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-error.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-symbol.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-image.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-convert.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-processor.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-lock.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-refcnt.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-window.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-video.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-img_scanner.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-decoder.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-ean.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-code128.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-code39.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-i25.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qr_finder.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdec.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-rs.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-isaac.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-bch15_5.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-binarize.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-util.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-posix.o zbar/video/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-null.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-jpeg.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-x.o zbar/window/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-x.o zbar/window/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-ximage.o   |  | /bin/sed 's/.* //' | sort | uniq > zbar/.libs/libzbar.exp'
make[1]: *** [zbar/libzbar.la] Error 2

Could be the last error before compiling and working? I hope so!! :sob:

I've already solved this error too.

From this link: makefile - libtool error during linkage - Stack Overflow

Next error I think is about link in libtool.

make  all-am
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -Wall -Wno-parentheses  -no-undefined -version-info 2:0:2 -export-symbols-regex "^(zbar|_zbar.*_error)_.*"      -o zbar/libzbar.la -rpath /usr/local/lib zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-config.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-error.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-symbol.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-image.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-convert.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-processor.lo zbar/processor/zbar_libzbar_la-lock.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-refcnt.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-window.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-video.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-img_scanner.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-decoder.lo zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-ean.lo zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-code128.lo zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-code39.lo zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-i25.lo  zbar/decoder/zbar_libzbar_la-qr_finder.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdec.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-rs.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-isaac.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-bch15_5.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-binarize.lo zbar/qrcode/zbar_libzbar_la-util.lo  zbar/processor/zbar_libzbar_la-posix.lo    zbar/video/zbar_libzbar_la-null.lo zbar/zbar_libzbar_la-jpeg.lo zbar/processor/zbar_libzbar_la-x.lo zbar/window/zbar_libzbar_la-x.lo zbar/window/zbar_libzbar_la-ximage.lo       -lSM -lICE -lX11     -ljpeg -lpthread 
libtool: link: rm -fr  zbar/.libs/libzbar.exp zbar/.libs/libzbar.ver
libtool: link: link -dump -symbols  zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-config.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-error.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-symbol.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-image.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-convert.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-processor.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-lock.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-refcnt.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-window.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-video.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-img_scanner.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-decoder.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-ean.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-code128.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-code39.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-i25.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qr_finder.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdec.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-rs.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-isaac.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-bch15_5.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-binarize.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-util.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-posix.o zbar/video/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-null.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-jpeg.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-x.o zbar/window/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-x.o zbar/window/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-ximage.o   | /bin/sed 's/.* //' | sort | uniq > zbar/.libs/libzbar.exp
link: invalid option -- 'd'
Try 'link --help' for more information.
libtool: link: /bin/grep -E -e "^(zbar|_zbar.*_error)_.*" "zbar/.libs/libzbar.exp" > "zbar/.libs/libzbar.expT"
libtool: link: mv -f "zbar/.libs/libzbar.expT" "zbar/.libs/libzbar.exp"
libtool: link: echo "{ global:" > zbar/.libs/libzbar.ver
libtool: link:  cat zbar/.libs/libzbar.exp | sed -e "s/\(.*\)/\1;/" >> zbar/.libs/libzbar.ver
libtool: link:  echo "local: *; };" >> zbar/.libs/libzbar.ver
libtool: link:  gcc -shared  zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-config.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-error.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-symbol.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-image.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-convert.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-processor.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-lock.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-refcnt.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-window.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-video.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-img_scanner.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-scanner.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-decoder.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-ean.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-code128.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-code39.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-i25.o zbar/decoder/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qr_finder.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdec.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-qrdectxt.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-rs.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-isaac.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-bch15_5.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-binarize.o zbar/qrcode/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-util.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-posix.o zbar/video/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-null.o zbar/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-jpeg.o zbar/processor/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-x.o zbar/window/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-x.o zbar/window/.libs/zbar_libzbar_la-ximage.o   -lSM -lICE -lX11 -ljpeg -lpthread    -Wl,-soname -Wl,libzbar.so.0 -Wl,-version-script -Wl,zbar/.libs/libzbar.ver -o zbar/.libs/libzbar.so.0.2.0
/usr/bin/ld:zbar/.libs/libzbar.ver:2: syntax error in VERSION script
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [zbar/libzbar.la] Error 1

I ask the moderatos to forgive about posting so many times.

But I just try to help whoever try to install Zbar on arduino yun by mean of cross compiling.

To solve last error I have change also inside libtool file the NM variable by: NM=/usr/bin/nm.

Then I think that compiles by make.

Now I did make install and new errors. I post them here while I try to figure out how to solve them. If anybody can help I would be very thankful.

Thank you to anyone is following this thread.

I post the errors:

martinez@gibson:~/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10$ make install
make  install-am
make[2]: se ingresa al directorio «/home/fmartinez/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10»
test -z "/usr/local/lib" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/local/lib"
 /bin/bash ./libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  'zbar/libzbar.la' '/usr/local/lib/libzbar.la'
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c zbar/.libs/libzbar.so.0.2.0 /usr/local/lib/libzbar.so.0.2.0
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/lib/libzbar.so.0.2.0': Permission denied
 /bin/bash ./libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  'gtk/libzbargtk.la' '/usr/local/lib/libzbargtk.la'
libtool: install: warning: relinking `gtk/libzbargtk.la'
libtool: install: (cd /home/fmartinez/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10; /bin/bash /home/fmartinez/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10/libtool  --tag CC --mode=relink gcc -Wall -Wno-parentheses -version-info 0:2:0 -export-symbols-regex "^zbar_gtk_.*" -o gtk/libzbargtk.la -rpath /usr/local/lib gtk/gtk_libzbargtk_la-zbargtk.lo gtk/gtk_libzbargtk_la-zbarmarshal.lo -pthread -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0 -lfreetype -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 zbar/libzbar.la -ljpeg -lpthread )
libtool: relink: /usr/bin/nm  gtk/.libs/gtk_libzbargtk_la-zbargtk.o gtk/.libs/gtk_libzbargtk_la-zbarmarshal.o   | /bin/sed 's/.* //' | sort | uniq > gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.exp
libtool: relink: /bin/grep -E -e "^zbar_gtk_.*" "gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.exp" > "gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.expT"
libtool: relink: mv -f "gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.expT" "gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.exp"
libtool: relink: echo "{ global:" > gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.ver
libtool: relink:  cat gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.exp | sed -e "s/\(.*\)/\1;/" >> gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.ver
libtool: relink:  echo "local: *; };" >> gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.ver
libtool: relink:  gcc -shared  gtk/.libs/gtk_libzbargtk_la-zbargtk.o gtk/.libs/gtk_libzbargtk_la-zbarmarshal.o   -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lfontconfig -lgobject-2.0 -lfreetype -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -L/usr/local/lib -lzbar -lSM -lICE -lX11 -ljpeg -lpthread  -pthread   -pthread -Wl,-soname -Wl,libzbargtk.so.0 -Wl,-version-script -Wl,gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.ver -o gtk/.libs/libzbargtk.so.0.0.2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lzbar
libtool: install: error: relink `gtk/libzbargtk.la' with the above command before installing it
 /bin/bash ./libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  'qt/libzbarqt.la' '/usr/local/lib/libzbarqt.la'
libtool: install: warning: relinking `qt/libzbarqt.la'
libtool: install: (cd /home/fmartinez/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10; /bin/bash /home/fmartinez/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10/libtool  --tag CXX --mode=relink g++ -Wall -Wno-parentheses -g -O2 -version-info 0:2:0 -o qt/libzbarqt.la -rpath /usr/local/lib qt/qt_libzbarqt_la-QZBar.lo qt/qt_libzbarqt_la-QZBarThread.lo qt/qt_libzbarqt_la-moc_QZBar.lo qt/qt_libzbarqt_la-moc_QZBarThread.lo -lQtGui -lQtCore zbar/libzbar.la -ljpeg -lpthread )
libtool: relink: g++ -shared -nostdlib /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/crti.o /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/crtbeginS.o  qt/.libs/qt_libzbarqt_la-QZBar.o qt/.libs/qt_libzbarqt_la-QZBarThread.o qt/.libs/qt_libzbarqt_la-moc_QZBar.o qt/.libs/qt_libzbarqt_la-moc_QZBarThread.o   -lQtGui -lQtCore -L/usr/local/lib -lzbar -lSM -lICE -lX11 -ljpeg -lpthread -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8 -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../../lib -L/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/lib/../lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../.. -lstdc++ -lm -lc -lgcc_s /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/crtendS.o /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/crtn.o    -Wl,-soname -Wl,libzbarqt.so.0 -o qt/.libs/libzbarqt.so.0.0.2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lzbar
libtool: install: error: relink `qt/libzbarqt.la' with the above command before installing it
make[2]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
make[2]: se sale del directorio «/home/fmartinez/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10»
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2

fmartinez:
I post the errors:

martinez@gibson:~/WR703N_zbar/zbar-0.10$ make install

make  install-am
::::SNIP:::

fmartinez,
you don't have permission to install the library. Do this:

$ sudo make install

sudo - gives you Super User authority (power)

Jesse

I realised about that.

I did it. And it is supposed to be correctly installed.

The think is that now, if I check the binary using for example "file zarimg" I should get something that says that it is compiled for OpenWRT or MIPS, but instead I get this:

/usr/local/bin/zbarimg: ELF 64-bit LSB  executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=8238a74c57aa814d920bdcece68274c5173c3c1f, not stripped

And then, When I copy that to the arduino yun, it doesn't work at all.

I beg for someone to cross compile zbar for arduino yun for me. it can be downloaded from:

http://zbar.sourceforge.net/

I am in a hurry, and don't know what else can I do. :_(

fmartinez:
I realised about that.

I did it. And it is supposed to be correctly installed.

And then, When I copy that to the arduino yun, it doesn't work at all.

fmartinez,
It's okay. You are almost there. You need to reset the Target. Someone will help you today. I'm not sure how to do that.

Jesse