Programming Attiny828 with Arduino

Hello all, I need to my project (a PCB who can run some sequences of lighing LEDS) to use a ATTiny828. Now, i search on forum and others sources how to upload code on this 828. I get information just about how to upload code on Attiny85. On 828 is just the same thing or is different procedure? Thank you in advice.
I don't know more about communication protocols, in others project I use Arduino, but this one must be smaller, and a microprocessor is needed, or something like this.

Note: In coding, I want to use Arduino "language".
Sorry for my bad english and if my question is stupid.
Have a good day!

Hello there. No, ATTiny828 is completely different from ATTiny85. ATTINy828 is a 32-pin smd microcontroller. ATTiny85 has only 8 pins. Regarding the programming, you can get some idea from here if you already have not seen this. Can't seem to upload using usbasp to ATTINY828 - Development Platforms - PlatformIO Community

Although I have never used it, GitHub - SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore: Arduino core for ATtiny 1634, 828, x313, x4, x41, x5, x61, x7 and x8 supports the 828. It should also support the upload (see avrdude: AVR Part "attiny828" not found. · Issue #318 · SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore · GitHub).

Can you please recommend me another Attiny with more than 20 output pins who can support Arduino IDE? And who can let me upload program via Arduino?
Thank you and sorry if I'm dumb.

It's not at all dumb question. No worries. According to this article, the chip that you are using can be programmed with arduino. Please try these instructions if you already have not.

1 Like