Programming code

Hello everyone. Recently, I’ve been having some problems when programming arduino. I’ve been getting the following error:

expected unqualified-id before “if”

Do you guys know the meaning of unqualified-if? What should I do to avoid making this mistake again?

Do you guys know the meaning of unqualified-if? What should I do to avoid making this mistake again?

Did you mean "unqualified-id" ?
If you want to avoid that error messages, don't put unqualified ids before "if"s.

If you want a better answer, post specific examples.

Usually means a syntax error where. Missing semicolon usually so two commands get treated as one that shouldn't have been.

We can help more if you post the code that is causing the problem. Before you post, be sure to read Nick Gammon's two posts at the top of the Forum on the use of code tags when posting code to the Forum.

They are:
How to use this forum - please read.
and
Read this before posting a programming question ...

It means you have an if statement at a location where an if statement is not valid (because there's an unqualified-id before it).

Look before the line with the error, and also pay attention to any other errors you might have gotten, which might be pointing to the exact problem. It's usually semicolons (or lack thereof, rather), or screwed up parens/brackets/braces, or flat out wrong stuff.