Programming no longer working on Levono Win10 laptop

I'm no noob to Arduino, but this one has me stumped. My laptop started refusing to program recently. Megas, Minis, Unos, everything. It will try for a bit, and then hit the "not in sync" error. I'm seeing the transmit lights, but the Atmel chip is not responding. It's not a problem with the arduino hardware, it all works great on my Win7 desktop. I've tried reinstalling drivers, using 1.6.x, 1.8.x, the "hourly build", it all fails in the same way. I'm suspecting an update that Microsoft shoved up my hard drive broke the system, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. None of my other USB devices seem to be affected. Anything else I can try?

All I have for you is check the updates from MS one by one and roll back only those that pertain to USB.

There was an issue with an update for win 8-10 but that was a very long time ago so would think that they sorted it out by now.

Also don't use USb 3.0 ports unless you have a powered USB 2.0 hub between the Arduinos and the computer. Laptop USB ports have also been known to be underpowered (especially macs).

@johnnylingo

Ignore answer from ssc he is a spammer who will be dealt with very shortly.

ssc has been dealt with.