Programming of XMC microcontrollers in Arduino IDE

Has anyone programmed XMC microcontroller by Infineon Technologies using Arduino IDE?

I tried as per the steps given in the GitHub repo of Infineon. Below is the link of the same:

Implementation in Arduino IDE

After I copied the .json url in the preferences, I am getting following error:

http://downloads.arduino.cc/packages/package_index.json file signature verification failed. File ignored.

Index error: could not find referenced tool name=arm-none-eabi-gcc version=4.8.3-2014q1 packager=arduino
Index error: could not find referenced tool name=arm-none-eabi-gcc version=4.8.3-2014q1 packager=arduino

What can be a possible solution for it? I am running Arduino IDE 1.8.5 on Windows 10. Is this has anything to do with it?

Try this:

• Click the link on the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file.
  • Delete all files in that folder except preferences.txt. Please be very careful when deleting files on your computer. When in doubt back up!
  • (In the Arduino IDE) Tools > Board > Boards Manager

Hopefully that will solve the signature verification problem.

Also posted at:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/7103
If you're going to do that then please be considerate enough to add links to the other places you cross posted. This will let us avoid wasting time due to duplicate effort and also help others who have the same questions and find your post to discover all the relevant information. When you post links please always use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make them clickable.

I tried doing the same in portable version of Arduino IDE and it works perfectly fine there.

Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear your problem is resolved. Portable mode will cause the json and all other related files to be located under the portable folder you created so likely your computer was imposing some limitation related to the location of your Arduino15 folder (shown on the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file).

Strictly speaking, the signature verification problem still persists. However, I am able to upload the code on XMC microcontroller board. I am clueless at such strange behaviour.

What do you mean the problem persists? Didn't you say it went away when you started using the IDE in portable mode?