Programming on a mac.

Hi.

I got lost with this simple thing and i would like to get going and understand my options.
I am using a mac.

I have a pcb with atmega328 . Usually to bootload it i went with UNO as ISP programmer, connect the lines to the pcb , bootload it, than reconnect the lines to TX RX and upload a sketch using the IDE .

I dont want to bootload it anymore, but to upload software directly and EASLY via ISP.

OPTION 1

I would like to do that with arduino UNO ,as ISP programmer, so after i connect the UNO to the ISP lines, and have on the UNO the sketch- “arduinoISP” , how would i upload some blink sketch directly to the board? can i use the arduino IDE ? if not, what works on a mac and is easy to use ?

OPTION 2

i bought the tiny programmer by spark fun :

I would like to program the chip with it, so except from connecting the lines to the ISP , how would i upload a sketch using a mac ? can i do that with arduino IDE ?
Do i need an avrdude like this guide(which is not clear to me at all)
http://www.ladyada.net/learn/avr/setup-mac.html

Please, any help would be great .

I must say this are the steps i already did :

1. upload to the UNO the ArduinoISP sketch
  2. connect the lines to the target board(target board have atmega328,crystal,capacitors,led) 3.choose the board "arduino pro or pro mini" 4.chose the programmer- "arduino as ISP"
  3. at the beginning i tried to upload a boot loader, to see if its going well, it DID boot loaded the chip

Now, i am trying to just upload a sketch using the SAME ISP connection, i didn't touch anything(!) , so i opened the blinking example, hit the upload button , and its just not working(not in sync).

I cant imagine how the exact same configuration can bootload the chip ,and later cant upload a sketch directly using the ISP.

What am i missing here ??

I have read in a few places that this has to do with the baud rate , Please any , any help would be appreciated !!!

So i have read here : http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=199394.0

that you have to change the baud from 57600 to 19200 , where my verbus is :

vrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Apr 14 2015 at 16:30:25
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/Users/me/Downloads/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/me/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/cu.usbmodem1421
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x1c
avr

Unbelievable !!!

I dont know why its not written anywhere but you have to hit "Upload Using Programmer" !!! its not the regular upload button !! and its not documented anywhere !

this is really really not professional that they say anywhere "just hit the upload button" !

If you use a board definition with upload.speed and upload.protocol entries, the normal upload button will try to use that. If you want the normal upload button to use the isp programmer, remove those from your board definition.