Programming Pro Mini with UNO SMD

Hello,

I'm having difficulties using my Arduino Uno SMD to program my Arduino Pro Mini. I have the Arduino ISP sketch uploaded to my Uno, along with the 10u capacitor going from RST to GND.

I'm using the pins 11, 12, 13 connected up to each other, and pin 10 on the UNO going to RST on the Mini pro.

I'm able to burn the bootloader successfully, but any attempt to upload a sketch after this results in:

Binary sketch size: 1,084 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum) avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x1c

I'm at a total loss here, and keep burning my tires.. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

-P-

Hmm.. Looks like I managed to get it to work. I jumpered the RST to GND on my Uno (to disable the SMD chip since it's not removable), and the TX/RX wires up to both Arduinos.

Worked like a charm!

I have the same issue, can you tell me what you did exactly to make it work?

Here is my connections between the UNO and the Pro Mini

| UNO | | PRO MINI | | - | - | - | | TX | -> | TX | | RX | -> | RX | | GND | -> | GND | | 3.3V | -> | VCC |

| And only on the UNO | | | | - | - | - | | RST->GND | | |

In Arduino 1.0.3 Tools->Board-> Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V/8Mhz) w/ AtMEGA328P Tools->Programmer->AVRISP mkII

I plug the USB on the UNO Load a sketch in the editor. (Example/Blink) And when I upload the sketch to the Mini Pro

I always end up with : avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

I've tried various variation of timing for pushing the reset button on the Mini Pro at the upload time with always the same result.

Any clue why?

Here is my connections between the UNO and the Pro Mini UNO PRO MINI TX -> TX RX -> RX GND -> GND 3.3V -> VCC

... I thing the correct connections are TX > RX RX > TX

and check that your Pro Mini is 3.3v and not 5v version.