programming stepper to move 90 degrees

Hi everyone. i imagine the solution to my problem is rather easy, however i am not skilled at all with coding. My question is- I’m trying to get a stepper motor to spin 90 degrees in one direction at a certain speed, stop, then repeat the process in the same direction for many many revolutions. all while using the AccelStepper.h library.Nothing i do is working, and if anyone can post a simple code to help get me started, that would be great. it is important that i can control the speed it completes every 90 degree turn. my motor takes 200 steps to complete one revolution. Any help would be much appreciated acceleration is not necessary

Post the code you have, using code tags (select text and use the </> button) and tell us what happens when you try it. “Nothing I do is working” is not very useful information.

I've never programmed a stepper motor, but as long as you have an appropriate driver circuit and it's wired correctly, it should be straightforward.

it is important that i can control the speed it completes every 90 degree turn. my motor takes 200 steps to complete one revolution

Right. 200 steps per revolution (1.8 degrees per step) is standard. So... If you want to go 90 degrees... That's 50 steps. Just write your program to send 50 steps.

As long as you don't exceed the motor's specs, the motor's speed depends on how fast you (your program) sends the steps.

You have not said, but I assume you are able to make the motor move in both directions? Many people seem to get stuck and can’t get it to move at all.

Post a link to the datasheet for your motor and tell us what stepper motor driver you are using. Also give details of the motor power supply (volts and amps).

And, as already said, post your code,
Please use the code button </> so your code looks like this and is easy to copy to a text editor

…R